Default getting back to firefox

"Raphael" wrote in message

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"jim" wrote in message
WaIIy wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:55:41 -0400, jim wrote:

I'm still playing with it and learning how to manage security.
You can set parameters from tools/options/ privacy to clear whatever
you want when turning Firefox off. For instance I clear everything but
saved passwords. When you do that you need to set cookie exceptions
for cookies that you need to run certain software. You can also see
when a site is trying to set a cookie and decide weather or not you
want to allow it. Beware of tracking cookies from sites like
coremetrics that try to hitch a ride.
Thats all for now.
Jim

I would suggest a more secure method for you passwords.

You might like this:

http://keepass.info/

Wally,
Originally this message was intended to go out on email only but
apparently I messed up and sent it to rec.boats too. No harm done. You
guys have got me interested in learning about password managers,
although I don't see, right now, what advantage they offer over the way
Firefox manages passwords and user names.
Thanks,
Jim

I do quite a bit of Internet buying. RoboForm stores all your pertinent
information such as name, billing address, mailing address, credit card
info, etc. When doing an online purchase and I get to the point in the
process where this information is required, one click and the information
is filled in by RoboForm.

When going to a web site that requires logon information, I click on a
RoboForm link and the site is opened and I'm logged in all with a single
click.

When I start my day I check 11 different financial web sites where I have
accounts. RoboForm makes the task extremely quick with a single click to
open each account.

Not for everyone, for me it's great.

I avoid filling out on line forms whenever possible and try to do business
over the phone instead. It just feels safer to me.
As far as logging onto sites goes, in most cases, when I open a site I am
presented with the logon screen and the name and password are already
filled in. All I need to do is click the logon button. The only exception
to that I have found is on line banking which requires me to enter all the
logon information each time I logon. I am happy with that and wouldn't
change it if I could.
I will continue to look at Robo Form but I don't think I have a need for
it.
Thanks,
Raphael, AKA Jim

It's not for everyone. I like you new pseudonym. 8)

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:39:54 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

I like you new pseudonym.

How 'bout this one?

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:39:54 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

I like you new pseudonym.

How about this one?

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:39:54 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

I like you new pseudonym

Or this one...

Donatello wrote:
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:39:54 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

I like you new pseudonym.

How 'bout this one?

Florida Jim by any other name is still an idiot.

Firefox Eisboch General 57 December 3rd 05 07:39 PM
Firefox 1.0 is Out... Eisboch General 5 November 10th 04 05:02 PM