Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Life without electricity

Obviously, not being able to get out on my boat I feel free to sit
here and rant so here goes.......
What is with all these people who think it is a disaster to not have
electricity for a few days. Sure, if you live in an apartment it may
be bad with no water or lighting but you can manage. If you have your
own home it is easy, even in summer heat.
Many people I know tell me all about how much fuel they have for their
generators and how much they can power with it and ask me about my
generator and I pause for a few minutes and say, "Well, I got about
a gallon of kerosene for the lamps". Life without AC wont kill ya.
Those clear things in the side of your house called windows OPEN (what
a concept). Sure it isnt comfy but your living in the semi-tropics,
deal with it and stop being wimpy. Before the storm you shoulda
filled containers with drinkin water and filled your tubs with water
to flush the toilets with. BTW, storms make lotsa rain that fills
containers set outside too, use that water. As far as washing
clothes, you'd be amazed how clean you can get stuff in a 5 gallon
bucket of water and some soap and then use a clothes line outside ya
idjits. For cooking, fire up the grill, cook a bunch of stuff and eat
it for a day or two. By the time you use up your frozen stuff you can
eat stuff from cans without cooking it.
We been there and done it so y'all can just stop whining.