Default Another one on the way

With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?
Senior Member

On Sep 8, 11:13*am, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:
With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. *Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?

I think it's you. Many times during this time of year, storm after
storm form off the coast of Africa just like this.. Let's just see how
many actually hit us, and how many are hype by the Global Taxing
advocates...

wrote:
With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. *Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?

I think it's you. Many times during this time of year, storm after
storm form off the coast of Africa just like this.. Let's just see how
many actually hit us, and how many are hype by the Global Taxing
advocates...

http://www.pewclimate.org/hurricanes.cfm

Senior Member

wrote:
With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. *Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?

I think it's you. Many times during this time of year, storm after
storm form off the coast of Africa just like this.. Let's just see how
many actually hit us, and how many are hype by the Global Taxing
advocates...

http://www.pewclimate.org/hurricanes.cfm

We know you believe in Global Warming (taxing and redistribution of
wealth), and so does the Pew center, although, since we are not really
warming, they now call it "climate change". I was there for the first
earth day in 1970 when the same folks were screaming imminent ice
age.... And guess what, that turned into a lot of regulation, taxes,
and redistribution of tax money to these kinds of lobby groups and
their paid scientists/pundits.

wrote:
With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. *Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?

I think it's you. Many times during this time of year, storm after
storm form off the coast of Africa just like this.. Let's just see how
many actually hit us, and how many are hype by the Global Taxing
advocates...

http://www.pewclimate.org/hurricanes.cfm

We know you believe in Global Warming (taxing and redistribution of
wealth), and so does the Pew center, although, since we are not really
warming, they now call it "climate change". I was there for the first
earth day in 1970 when the same folks were screaming imminent ice
age.... And guess what, that turned into a lot of regulation, taxes,
and redistribution of tax money to these kinds of lobby groups and
their paid scientists/pundits.- Hide quoted text -

Pew has done nothing in the article that I posted except for give the
facts.

wrote:
With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?

I think it's you. Many times during this time of year, storm after
storm form off the coast of Africa just like this.. Let's just see how
many actually hit us, and how many are hype by the Global Taxing
advocates...

CNN says a highly active year was predicted and so far this has played out.
We're still a couple of days from the midpoint of the season.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:13:51 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
STP. " wrote:

With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?

It's not as bad as 4 years ago when Florida got whacked 4 times in 6
weeks or some such.

STP. " wrote:

With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?

It's not as bad as 4 years ago when Florida got whacked 4 times in 6
weeks or some such.

Tell me about it.

We bought a house and 5 acres in Jupiter back in 2001. Later, we bought
another house and similar acreage in the same, gated community. Paid cash
for both.

Insurance for hurricane damage was not available, due to the claims from
hurricane Andrew. No problem, I thought, because I had researched and
determined that the area we were in ... Jupiter .... had not had a direct
hurricane hit for over 100 years.

Bam! Three hurricanes within 2 years. The first caused over $50k of
uninsured damage, the second $30K ..... and the third about $10k. The only
reason the third was less is because there was little left to damage.

We sold.... and moved back north. Even with all that however, we still
did ok, money-wise. The first house was purchased for 465K and sold for 1
mm, three years later.

Eisboch

STP. " wrote:

With Ike heading into the Gulf, I can't believe how the hurricanes are
coming back to back this year. Is it me or is this a particularly bad
Sept.?

It's not as bad as 4 years ago when Florida got whacked 4 times in 6
weeks or some such.

We bought a house and 5 acres in Jupiter back in 2001. Later, we bought
another house and similar acreage in the same, gated community. Paid cash
for both.

snip
The first house was purchased for 465K and sold for 1 mm, three years
later.

Eisboch

Good for you Richard.