Default '04 Hurricane Charley according to Wikipedia

Looked at this article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Charley
to settle what year it happened - arguing with wife - and it said
"Many towns such as Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte were leveled by the
hurricane."

I was in Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda two months after the hurricane
hit and those industrious old folks had already rebuilt those towns!
Real crazy exaggeration there.
So don't believe everything you read.
But you knew that already.

--Vic
Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 7, 11:21*pm, Vic Smith wrote:

Real crazy exaggeration there.
So don't believe everything you read.
But you knew that already.

--Vic

I find that more and more every time I read headers and articles here,
Vic.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 03:12:05 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Sep 7, 11:21?pm, Vic Smith wrote:

Real crazy exaggeration there.
So don't believe everything you read.
But you knew that already.

--Vic

I find that more and more every time I read headers and articles here,
Vic.

You don't say. Hmmmmm.

--Vic

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:21:21 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

"Many towns such as Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte were leveled by the
hurricane."

There *was* a heck of a lot of damage in Punta Gorda, including a fair
number of flattened buildings. I was there last weekend and every
other block in downtown is a parking lot where buildings once stood.
Many lost their roof and sustained so much water damage that they had
to be torn down.

wrote:

"Many towns such as Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte were leveled by the
hurricane."

There *was* a heck of a lot of damage in Punta Gorda, including a fair
number of flattened buildings. I was there last weekend and every
other block in downtown is a parking lot where buildings once stood.
Many lost their roof and sustained so much water damage that they had
to be torn down.

The only thing I saw that was knocked down or had to be torn down were
some old buildings on or right off 41.
The Holiday Inn looked bad with a lot of windows gone, and I'm not
sure if they fixed that.
Considerable roof damage in the newer parts of town.
But my point was that saying it was "leveled" is ridiculous.
This is leveled:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNC9UiYI9_Q

--Vic

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:39:00 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Considerable roof damage in the newer parts of town.
But my point was that saying it was "leveled" is ridiculous.
This is leveled:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNC9UiYI9_Q

I agree that Punta Gorda was not "leveled" to that extent. There were
some blocks however that looked just about that bad two weeks after
Charlie.

McCainSpeak: Swiped from Wikipedia hk General 17 August 12th 08 11:20 PM
Tholen on Wikipedia. Adam Funk ASA 27 July 15th 07 02:10 AM
Charley Noble Installation Marc Boat Building 1 March 16th 05 01:42 AM
Boat Survived Hurricane Charley? Networkin General 18 August 22nd 04 03:55 AM
CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE Scott Vernon ASA 26 August 19th 04 11:50 AM