Senior Member

Default I wonder if we could get...

On Sep 7, 11:31*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

That's right...it's 25" from the top of the transom notch to the bottom
of the boat at the transom. How the hell do you think transom height is
measured?

What's the distance between the top of the transom notch and the
waterline?

Eisboch

I posted how transom height on bracketless outboard boats is measured.

I understand. *My question was what is the distance between the top of the
notch and the waterline?

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Either way, with a moderately deep vee, the actual measurement is a
little deceptive...
Senior Member

On Sep 7, 11:46*am, HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
That's right...it's 25" from the top of the transom notch to the bottom
of the boat at the transom. How the hell do you think transom height is
measured?

What's the distance between the top of the transom notch and the
waterline?

Eisboch

I posted how transom height on bracketless outboard boats is measured.

I understand. *My question was what is the distance between the top of the
notch and the waterline?

Eisboch

.0

Dunno...never measured that. More than the distance between the notch on
Tom's boat and the waterline.

More important for salt water use is the height above the waterline at
the bow and along the hullsides.

Some time ago, I mentioned that Tom's boat would fit inside mine and
disappear, except for the top of his console. Now that I know that
Ranger has a 20" transom, I am even more sure of it. Even my old SeaPros
had 25" transoms.

No wonder Tom made such an issue over a low transom. * :)- Hide quoted text -

You are fudging the facts again. Toms boat has a second transom in
front of the motorwell. This avoids the "Mr. Potato Head" option of a
waterboard Pawkah settled for.. Besides, Toms boat is sold as a Bay
Boat, and is better suited for it's intended use than 'Mr. (YoHo)
Potato Head" is for open water

HK wrote:
HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
That's right...it's 25" from the top of the transom notch to the
bottom of the boat at the transom. How the hell do you think
transom height is measured?

What's the distance between the top of the transom notch and the
waterline?

Eisboch

I posted how transom height on bracketless outboard boats is measured.

I understand. My question was what is the distance between the top
of the notch and the waterline?

Eisboch

This might help:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/propwrap.jpg

At rest, the round stainless drain below the scuppers on the port side
is above the waterline, and in fact, if you stretched a line across
the transom from one chine to the other, it would mark the waterline,
because the outside edge of the trim tabs are also visible.

I'm guessing what is out of the water is about half the height of the
transom, or around 12.5 inches at rest.

Just a guess.

Here you can see the boat floating on its lines:

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boa...l.jsp?boatid=7

Note that the boat is on its chine at the stern. Also notice how high
the bow and sides are...

Note that the Bay model of the 21 footer is much lower in the water...it
is built on an entirely different hull.

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boa...l.jsp?boatid=5

They used to show the transom of the boat. It showed about 3" clearance
from the notch to the waterline. Harry said it was because there was
a big guy in the back of the boat.

Wisely, Parker no longer shows a photo of the transom.
Senior Member

On Sep 7, 12:37*pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:
HK wrote:
HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0Boats/propwra....

[...]

pfffftttt....

wrote:
HK wrote:
HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Talk about behind the times, I remember the picture, they were trying
to sell to the "buttcrack" crowd... You know, weekend warriors
without a clue
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sep 7, 11:46 am, HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Idiot. How high is that second transom? High enough to stop a flood of
water coming over the stern? Nope. It's about the same height as the
actual transom.

Your boy Tom spent about a year poking fun at the transom of a boat far
more seaworthy than his. And his boat has a serious design flaw, so
serious he had to buy a longer shaft outboard and stick it on a a third
party bracket, since in Tom's own words, the 20" shaft outboard did not
work properly.

HK HK is offline

wrote:
HK wrote:
HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Oh. Reggie. The pussy. How many photos of Reggie's boat have been posted
here? I thought you had no use for anonymous pussies like Reggie?

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Looking at the pic, and thinking about other similar boats, I would have
guessed the waterline at rest would be much higher, like around the vertical
centerline of the rectangular drains, plus or minus an inch.

If the chines are basically the waterline, it sits high in the water for
that type of boat.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Sep 7, 1:33*pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 7, 11:46 am, HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Again, you are fudging the facts, his boat is a BayBoat... Seaworthy
enough for it's intended use. His boat is up to date, and not some 50
yo lines, with a deep vee and a huge hole in the transom to make up
for it.. Like I said, "Mr. Potato Head"...