Senior Member

Default I wonder if we could get...

On Sep 7, 10:36*am, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:06 am, RPSIII wrote:
hk wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
these folks to talk to Harry about Stumpy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roFB7bGCAgc
Sorry, Brownie...Stumpy is no more.
How's that 20" transom on your Ranger in a following sea...I'll bet it
is a real shorts stainer, eh?
Does SWS have a big hole in his transom? *If so he really should keep
that boat in lakes and only use it on calm days, the same as you do.

Now if he has a boat with a "real" 20" transom it will keep out waves,
wakes and a following sea, substantially better than your Baby Parker..

I really have enjoyed all of your photos of your Baby Parker parked on
it's trailer, but the only time you posted a photo of it actually in the
water was last year, when you took a photo of it's hour meter.

Isn't it time to post an update of your hour meter?

Shortpants Ranger is a nice smooth "Bay Boat", that will handle almost
anything you throw at it. I have been on the thing skimming over the
waves, airborne, it flies nice. The problem with the parker is, it has
not kept up with the times. It's plain Jane, and has all of the appeal
of a Payson Brick..Those geezers there don't understand that with new
technology, a boat can be functional AND look like the lines were
drawn this century by someone with other than a t-square.. Not to
mention, that huge hole in the ass end.. Guess they couldn't take the
time to put the hull on a board and incorporate a body style that
suits it's 20 inch transom.. Instead they put high sides around the
20" transom, square and ugly of course, to meet the sides.. Like
sticking two different boats together with kindergarten paste...

It's a 25" transom at the notch, **** for brains.

Just,
Damn, I had no idea SWS boat was so unsafe. *You are lucky you escaped
alive. *Since SWS actually uses his boat, his time has come, he is a
goner, that boat will get flooded, his ETEC will failed, and he will be
shark bait before you know it. *Whatever you do, don't go out on that
boat again.

Let me tell you something.. Shortpants will get you home, I have no
doubt. One day we were heading out toward the race and he asked if I
wanted to take the trip through the notch. He said it would get pretty
hairy, but we could do it. I told him he was he Captain, I am just
along for the ride If I don't trust a Captain and his gear, I won't
get on the boat in the first place. The boat was awesome, big air,
flies straight, lands soft. Tom sees water, conditions, weather, long
before it is a part of the equation.

*From what I can tell, Harry's boat has never come close to sinking on
the trailer, the only problem is that it does have a tendency to collect
some leaves on the cover from lack of use.

See, it's like Payson/Bolger's old boat "cartopper" [http://
smallboats.com/boats_cartopper.htm]. It's made to row, sail, and
motor.. Problem is, it like any other tradeoff boat, does none of them
very well. Looking at Hawwys Pawkah, it seems a lazy design. They took
a flat old bay boat, added high sides (with no appeal) a deep vee, and
a huge honkin' hole in the transom instead of thinking things out and
re-tooling for modern advances, and said to the truly stupid, here is
an ocean goer, capable even Hawways grandest adventures. Who can
forget sailing single handed from Catalina Island, rounding the horn,
and the other great deeds our dear wafa has claimed..

HK HK is offline

wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:06 am, RPSIII wrote:
hk wrote:
[...]

From what I can tell, Harry's boat has never come close to sinking on
the trailer, the only problem is that it does have a tendency to collect
some leaves on the cover from lack of use.

See, it's like Payson/Bolger's old boat "cartopper" [http://
smallboats.com/boats_cartopper.htm]. It's made to row, sail, and
motor.. Problem is, it like any other tradeoff boat, does none of them
very well. Looking at Hawwys Pawkah, it seems a lazy design. They took
a flat old bay boat, added high sides (with no appeal) a deep vee, and
a huge honkin' hole in the transom instead of thinking things out and
re-tooling for modern advances, and said to the truly stupid, here is
an ocean goer, capable even Hawways grandest adventures. Who can
forget sailing single handed from Catalina Island, rounding the horn,
and the other great deeds our dear wafa has claimed..

This from a guy who can't even paint a wood boat in workmanlike fashion?

Senior Member

wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:06 am, RPSIII wrote:
hk wrote:
[...]

This from a guy who can't even paint a wood boat in workmanlike fashion?- Hide quoted text -

You are the only one who says that, even if you do say it with a
couple of sockpuppets. I use different techniques, depending on the
boat, and it's intended use.. And every last one of my boats has more
character than your "Mr. Potato Head" boat... Check the cartopper link
above, I used Poly based Petit, with a roll and tip, nice paint job...
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
That's right...it's 25" from the top of the transom notch to the bottom
of the boat at the transom. How the hell do you think transom height is
measured?

What's the distance between the top of the transom notch and the
waterline?

Eisboch

I posted how transom height on bracketless outboard boats is measured.

I understand. My question was what is the distance between the top of the
notch and the waterline?

Eisboch

This might help:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/propwrap.jpg

At rest, the round stainless drain below the scuppers on the port side
is above the waterline, and in fact, if you stretched a line across the
transom from one chine to the other, it would mark the waterline,
because the outside edge of the trim tabs are also visible.

I'm guessing what is out of the water is about half the height of the
transom, or around 12.5 inches at rest.

Just a guess.
HK HK is offline

HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Here you can see the boat floating on its lines:

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boa...l.jsp?boatid=7

Note that the boat is on its chine at the stern. Also notice how high
the bow and sides are...

Note that the Bay model of the 21 footer is much lower in the water...it
is built on an entirely different hull.

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boa...l.jsp?boatid=5