HK HK is offline

Default McCain Admits Bush Years an Economic Failure

McCain ad: ‘Worse off than we were four years ago’
By Sam Youngman

Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain’s (Ariz.) latest
television ad says that the country is in worse shape now than it was
before President Bush began his second term.

“Washington’s broken. John McCain knows it,” the ad says. “We’re worse
off than we were four years ago.”

The ad, titled “Broken,” shows that McCain is, at least in part, running
away from President Bush’s record and looking to win favor with the
centrist voters who have supported him in the past.

The ad, which is slated to run in key states, comes after Democratic
rival Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) made a point of including images of
McCain with Bush in his last two ads hitting the Republican on his
energy policy.

The McCain spot, in which a narrator is referring to the Arizona senator
as “the original maverick,” makes a special point of saying that McCain
“has taken on Big Tobacco, drug companies, fought corruption in both
parties.”

“He’ll reform Wall Street, battle Big Oil, make America prosper again,”
the ad says.

McCain's pledge to "battle Big Oil" comes on the same day that the
Democratic National Committee (DNC) released an ad called "Puppet
Masters," which says that McCain dances at the will of the oil companies.

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton responded by saying that “Sen.
McCain wants Americans to forget that during the Republican primary, he
said that Americans were better off than we were eight years ago, and
that he thinks we’ve made ‘great progress economically’.”

Burton added that McCain “wants us to forget that he’s fully embraced
the Bush policies he once opposed, and bragged about supporting those
policies ‘more than 90 percent of time’.”

McCain, the maverick independent:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...rs-in-arms.jpg

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:21:45 -0400, hk wrote:

McCain ad: ‘Worse off than we were four years ago’
By Sam Youngman

snip

The political and juvenile fighting crap from you, Scotty and a few
others is getting old.

Get a life.

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 19:02:48 -0400, JimH wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:21:45 -0400, hk wrote:

McCain ad: ‘Worse off than we were four years ago’
By Sam Youngman

snip

The political and juvenile fighting crap from you, Scotty and a few
others is getting old.

Get a life.

Maybe you should leave, before you talk yourself out of *any* friends!
DK DK is offline

John H wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 19:02:48 -0400, JimH wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:21:45 -0400, hk wrote:

McCain ad: ‘Worse off than we were four years ago’
By Sam Youngman

snip

The political and juvenile fighting crap from you, Scotty and a few
others is getting old.

Get a life.

Maybe you should leave, before you talk yourself out of *any* friends!

That will cost him an ass whipping email!