Default NBC Olympic announcer gaffs

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the
Olympics that they would like to take back...

1. Weight-lifting commentator: 'This is Gregorieva from Bulgaria. I saw her
snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing'
2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from
personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'
3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and
father.'
4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in
boxing, but none of them really that serious.'
5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can
expect the same thing again.'
6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like
it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'
7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC
president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'
8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got
eleven Dicks on the field.'
9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that,
before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh
my God, what have I just said?'

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:37:01 -0400, John H wrote:

5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can
expect the same thing again.'

Funny stuff. This one is why I hardly watch sports any more.
Listening to sports announcers is always find deja vu again.

--Vic

Olympic Sailing Scott Sexton General 0 July 15th 08 07:26 PM
Olympic Sailing Scott Sexton General 0 July 15th 08 07:26 PM
Algae chokes bay that will host Olympic sailing. Put out an APB forMaryanne Kehoe, Olympic heroine! [email protected] General 4 July 9th 08 04:06 AM
Algae chokes bay that will host Olympic sailing. Put out an APB forMaryanne Kehoe, Olympic heroine! [email protected] ASA 2 July 3rd 08 02:42 PM
Anyone going to the Olympic games ? Peter S/Y Anicula ASA 0 August 6th 04 12:20 AM