HK HK is offline

Default It's About Whiteness

The GOP's last best hope remains identity politics. In a year when the
Democrats have an African American presidential nominee, the Republicans
now more than ever are the white folks' party, the party that delays the
advent of our multicultural future, the party of the American past.
Republican conventions have long been bastions of de facto Caucasian
exclusivity, but coming right after the diversity of Denver, this year's
GOP convention is almost shockingly -- un-Americanly -- white. Long
term, this whiteness is a huge problem. This year, however, whiteness is
the only way Republicans cling to power. If the election is about the
economy, they're cooked -- and their silence this week on nearly all
things economic means that they know it.

--Harold Meyerson

http://tinyurl.com/o42at
Senior Member

Default SPAM: more bull**** from the fat little ****...

..

On Sep 3, 5:00 pm, wrote:
.

I wonder how many black people live in HK neighborhood. I wonder how
many blacks have gone out on his boat.
No, it isnt about "Blackness" it is about his best friend hating the
USA and another friend who is a terrorist.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sep 3, 5:00 pm, wrote:
.

I wonder how many black people live in HK neighborhood. I wonder how
many blacks have gone out on his boat.
No, it isnt about "Blackness" it is about his best friend hating the
USA and another friend who is a terrorist.

I'll be glad to answer that. First, there aren't that many neighbors in
my 'hood.

We had a lovely black family living very close by for several years, but
they moved to a beautiful riverfront home right outside Annapolis. The
husband was in the Secret Service, the wife looked like a clone of Halle
Berry, and their little girl had a key to our house so she could look
after our pets when we were out of town. The husband was out fishing
with me about a dozen times, and I was his guest several times at a
Secret Service firing range. Funny...he asked me once if I was "staring
at his wife." "Well, of course," I said, "doesn't everyone?" From that
moment on, we became close friends.

There's a family of Chinese extraction a little ways down the road.
We've only met a couple of times, but I have chatted recently with the
parents of the wife, who are here on a visit. They're very nice and
interesting and real "walkers," and our paths close.

We also have a Latino family in the neighborhood. The son is about the
only teenager in the 'hood who impresses me with a desire for
afterschool yard jobs. I've hired him a few times, and he's been out
fishing with me three times.

As far as blacks not in my neighborhood who I have taken out on my boats
over the years, well, I have no count on that. A goodly number of my
long-time friends and buddies are out of the labor movement and people
of color. I've been boating/fishing/vacationing with many of them.

Oh...when I was single, I dated several women "of color."

I grew up in an integrated city and attended integrated public schools.
My view of "black people" is that they simply have better suntans than I do.

http://tinyurl.com/o42at

On Sep 3, 5:25*pm, wrote:
On Sep 3, 5:00 pm, wrote:

.

I wonder how many black people live in HK neighborhood. *I wonder how
many blacks have gone out on his boat.
No, it isnt about "Blackness" it is about his best friend hating the
USA and another friend who is a terrorist.

yes, it's too bad sarah palin is a member of 2 terrorist organizations
(the AIP and the NRA), as is her husband.

hk wrote:

The GOP's last best hope remains identity politics. In a year when the
Democrats have an African American presidential nominee, the
Republicans now more than ever are the white folks' party, the party
that delays the advent of our multicultural future, the party of the
American past. Republican conventions have long been bastions of de
facto Caucasian exclusivity, but coming right after the diversity of
Denver, this year's GOP convention is almost shockingly --
un-Americanly -- white. Long term, this whiteness is a huge problem.
This year, however, whiteness is the only way Republicans cling to
power. If the election is about the economy, they're cooked -- and
their silence this week on nearly all things economic means that they
know it.

--Harold Meyerson

Perhaps you loaned it to Herring.