Senior Member

Default OK, I've Had Enough

On Sep 3, 8:17*pm, DK wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 3, 2:47 pm, hk wrote:
DownTime wrote:
Time to unsubscribe from what used to be an informative boating related
newsgroup. Way too political now for my likes. If only a civil level of
debate could be occasionally bantered, I could tolerate it. The childish
insults and name calling is simply not worth my bandwidth.
Quite possibly I'll re-subscribe after the elections, but I doubt it.
Enjoy yourselves while I get the boat ready for fishing...
This hasn't been a boating newsgroup since "Reggie Smithers" re-emerged
here.

No, this hasn't been a boating newsgroup since YOU re-emerged here.

WAFA. *He is really clueless.

Nope, just pathetic. Salty and Harry need this "success", it comes
from not being able to compete in the real world.

DownTime wrote:
Time to unsubscribe from what used to be an informative boating related
newsgroup. Way too political now for my likes. If only a civil level of
debate could be occasionally bantered, I could tolerate it. The childish
insults and name calling is simply not worth my bandwidth.

Quite possibly I'll re-subscribe after the elections, but I doubt it.

Enjoy yourselves while I get the boat ready for fishing...

Yeah, I've about had it, too. I've only been here a month, and it's more
than enough. At first I thought there could be some meaningful dialog
between the sides, so that somebody who is still undecided could learn
more about the candidates. I should have known better. Any attempts at
serious questions and talk about real issues are shot down by one side
or the other, and usually both. Insults are hurled, names are called,
and the issues get lost in the garbage. And boating? Almost nothing.

There is little to be learned here. And yes, I've contributed to the
garbage during the last month, too. No more. If I have a boating
question, I may show up again. Otherwise, I'm done.

TJ
HK HK is offline

TJ wrote:
DownTime wrote:
[...]

Well, if you don't like it here, you won't like it at Chuck's boating
discussion board, where hardly anyone discusses boats or boating, and
the substitute moderator has a hard-on for anyone who doesn't subscribe
to his personal political beliefs.

However, if you want to post photos of your grandchildren or your house
trailer, it's a great place.

Most of the actual boaters here (the few of us who are left) have given
up on posting on topic here for just the reasons you suggest. The leader
of that sort of posting was and remains a cowardly jerkwad who posts
here under about 50 different handles, most of which are plays on the
false handle of Reggie Smithers. He's the leader of the Loogy, JustWait,
DK group, the guys who have done the most to turn this place into a
cesspool.

I gave up on posting boating-related topics here some time ago. I'm just
watching rec.boats slide into the abyss.

hk wrote:
TJ wrote:
DownTime wrote:
[...]

One last shot, just for you, Harry.

You aren't just watching rec.boats slip off into the abyss, you're
shoving it in that direction for all you're worth. Your posts aren't
just political - they drip with vitriol and slime. In fact, your posts
are the main reason I'm leaving. You are the worst example of a
political advocate I've ever dealt with.

A little tip for you as I leave... You aren't doing anything for your
cause, except to drive people to the other side. You certainly helped to
convince me. I want no part of Obama/Biden, thanks to you in particular.

TJ
HK HK is offline

TJ wrote:
hk wrote:
TJ wrote:
DownTime wrote:
[...]

If you are changing your vote because of usenet posts, well, you don't
deserve to have a vote.

As for rec.boats, anytime there is any effort to push it back on topic,
the slimeballs I mentioned push it off the cliff. What have your
contributions to this newsgroup been?

DK DK is offline

TJ wrote:
hk wrote:
TJ wrote:
DownTime wrote:
[...]

Good point. And WAFA can't keep his stories straight, either. He
refers to me while he says he has me filtered. WAFPNL (pathetic
narcissistic loser)

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:54:22 -0400, DK wrote:

TJ wrote:
hk wrote:
TJ wrote:
DownTime wrote:
[...]

We need to get something straight. 'L' stands for 'Liar'. Other than that,
everything is copacetic.