posted to rec.boats,sci.military.naval

Default Get out NOW

John Szalay wrote:

They started to fly in the storm folks here in Louisville last night
first evac plane unloaded at the Air Guard ramp, and buses took
them to the KY expo center .
We are expecting 3000 .

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20080831/NEWS01/80831004/1008

Very interesting! I've been wondering where they're going. They
wont' put anyone in the Superdome or the Convention Center, and the Lamar-
Dixon Expo Center to the west is being used for first responders. Houston
isn't taking them either. It does make good sense to move them inland.

Dennis

posted to rec.boats,sci.military.naval

Dennis wrote in
. 1.4:

John Szalay wrote:
Very interesting! I've been wondering where they're going.
They
wont' put anyone in the Superdome or the Convention Center, and the
Lamar- Dixon Expo Center to the west is being used for first
responders. Houston isn't taking them either. It does make good
sense to move them inland.

Dennis

FWIW:
So far we have had 10 flights, using both airliners and military
aircraft. 2 C-17, several C-130 , an 757, airliner from NWA, one
from USAIR.
One 757 bound for here was sent to Nashville. and we got a C-130 that
was bound for another city came here..
headcount as of late last night was 1347, ( 8 planes)
before we went to bed, they were expecting one plane with many elderly
and asked for stair-capable wheelchairs to meet the plane.

they are being housed at the expo center, food is being supplied by
Papa-Johns pizza ( they are based here) MacDonalds, and KFC (also based
here..)
other cities, receiving flights are Bowling Green , Lexington,
Nashville.

we got that same kind of help from othere cities back in april 74 when
we got hit so hard by the tornados, so its time to give back...

from what I read, the Navy is waiting near by in the gulf with a
hospital ship to move into NO if needed..