posted to rec.boats,sci.military.naval
John Szalay John Szalay is offline

Default Get out NOW

Dennis wrote in
. 1.4:

John Szalay wrote:
Very interesting! I've been wondering where they're going.
They
wont' put anyone in the Superdome or the Convention Center, and the
Lamar- Dixon Expo Center to the west is being used for first
responders. Houston isn't taking them either. It does make good
sense to move them inland.

Dennis

FWIW:
So far we have had 10 flights, using both airliners and military
aircraft. 2 C-17, several C-130 , an 757, airliner from NWA, one
from USAIR.
One 757 bound for here was sent to Nashville. and we got a C-130 that
was bound for another city came here..
headcount as of late last night was 1347, ( 8 planes)
before we went to bed, they were expecting one plane with many elderly
and asked for stair-capable wheelchairs to meet the plane.

they are being housed at the expo center, food is being supplied by
Papa-Johns pizza ( they are based here) MacDonalds, and KFC (also based
here..)
other cities, receiving flights are Bowling Green , Lexington,
Nashville.

we got that same kind of help from othere cities back in april 74 when
we got hit so hard by the tornados, so its time to give back...

from what I read, the Navy is waiting near by in the gulf with a
hospital ship to move into NO if needed..