Default Ping: ShortWave

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:27:39 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Do you think this new, Tropical Depression number eight is the storm you
recently alluded to as becoming a major mid-Atlantic and north threat?

Looks might suspicious to me.

Hanna showed the highest potential is for the mid-Atlantic states in
the experimental models and the most accurte of the current models,
the GDFL and UKMET show it crapping out east of San Salvador. If
anything happens with Hanna, it most likely will be Florida again
essentially following a Fay type pattern only further east.

The one I am talking about is a disturbance which is approaching the
west coast of Africa east of the Cape Verde Islands - that's the one
that has all the potential. Looking at the bouy data, 41048 and
44004, surface temps are in the mid '80s and even further north, 44011
and 44008 are showing temps in the mid '60s - meaning there has been
some eddy currents that have broken off the Gulf stream. Some major
potential there for a big storm to pick up energy as it moves out of
the tropics and in the the sub-tropics - in particular as the
mid-Atlantic surface temps are high (which is normal in the tropics
for this time of the year).

There's all kinds of intersting atmospheric things happening now also
which haven't been seen in 40+ years. Lot of movement.

I'm not a meterologist by any stretch being strictly a hobby for me,
but if I were a betting type, I'd place my bet on the African
disturbance as being "the big one" - strictly my observation you
understand.

[...]

And if the clams start digging in deeper, may also be a bad sign.

Calif Bill wrote:

And if the clams start digging in deeper, may also be a bad sign.

How so? I thought clams were funny?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/jlvn976l.jpg

Calif Bill wrote:

And if the clams start digging in deeper, may also be a bad sign.

How so? I thought clams were funny?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...v/lowres/jlvn9...

Idiot.

Calif Bill wrote:

And if the clams start digging in deeper, may also be a bad sign.

How so? I thought clams were funny?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...v/lowres/jlvn9...

Idiot.

Have you posted anything that did not contain insults and/or foul
language over the past few
days..........weeks............months.....years?

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:26:42 -0700 (PDT), JimH
posted insults and/or foul language over the past few
months.

http://tinyurl.com/o42at

Calif Bill wrote:

And if the clams start digging in deeper, may also be a bad sign.

How so? I thought clams were funny?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...v/lowres/jlvn9...

Idiot.

Actually was cute and funny.

Ping: Shortwave Tom JimH[_2_] General 62 June 29th 08 05:57 PM
Ping: ShortWave Eisboch General 18 March 12th 08 09:36 PM
ping Shortwave Don White General 27 August 16th 07 04:11 AM
Ping: Shortwave Eisboch General 10 August 24th 06 06:57 PM
Ping: Shortwave Eisboch General 0 June 24th 06 12:29 AM