Default Harry's Place

Harry runs a tavern on the lake I fish.
Caters to a lot of rec.boat posters.
There are other places to get a beer, but some guys just like Harry's
Place best.
Some come in to chat, others just drink their beer and listen in.
Others come to argue.
I was in there one day sucking on a bottle of MGD when the following
took place.
Boater goes to the bar, and asks Harry for a Schlitz. Harry puts up a
coaster and glass, pops open the bottle and starts to slide it over to
the boater, then pauses.
"Hey" says Harry, "You know Bob?"
Boater says, "Bob who?"
Harry says, "Bob over the bar and kiss my ass."
Boater says, "Very funny. Not."
So the boater pours his Schlitz, forming a nice head, and wets his
upper lip.
Harry comes over to him with the change for his ten-spot, starts to
slide the change over to him, then hesitates, hand still on the money.
"Hey" says Harry, "You know Bob?"
Boater says, "Bob who?"
Harry says, "Bob over the bar and kiss my ass."
Boater says, "Hey, enough of that BS," and continues drinking his
beer.
The boater watches the White Sox/Orioles game while he finishes his
beer, then calls to Harry and says, "Harry, give me another Schlitz."
Harry pops open the bottle and starts to slide it over to the boater,
then pauses.
"Hey" says Harry, "You know Bob?"
Boater says, "Bob who?"
Harry says, "Bob over the bar and kiss my ass."
The boater is ****ed now, grabs his beer, glass, coaster and money
less a buck twenty-five for the beer.
Says to Harry "Hey, I've had enough of your crap," and comes over to
the wall table next to mine.
I hear him talking to the other boater at that table, and they're both
bitching about Harry.
Soon enough the boater wants another beer, but doesn't want to go
through the "Bob who?" BS with Harry.
The other boater tells him,
"Don't worry about it. When Harry slides your beer over, before he
can pause and ask you about Bob, you just ask him if he knows
Eileen. Then, when Harry says Eileen who? you say I lean over and YOU
kiss MY ass."
These guys were actually chuckling and rubbing their hands at this.
So the boater takes his empty bottle over to the bar and says,
"Harry, give me another Schlitz."
Harry pops open the bottle and starts to slide it over to the boater,
and before Harry can even pause to ask about Bob, the boater says
forcefully,
"Harry! Do you know Eileen?"
Harry says, "Sure. She just left with Bob."
Boater says, "Bob who?"

And so goes another night at Harry's Place.

--Vic

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:53:41 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Harry runs a tavern on the lake I fish.
Caters to a lot o
"Harry! Do you know Eileen?"
Harry says, "Sure. She just left with Bob."
Boater says, "Bob who?"

And so goes another night at Harry's Place.

--Vic

You reckon Harry really knows Eileen, or was that another fib?
--
John *H*

wrote:
Harry runs a tavern on the lake I fish.
Caters to a lot o
"Harry! Do you know Eileen?"
Harry says, "Sure. *She just left with Bob."
Boater says, "Bob who?"

And so goes another night at Harry's Place.

--Vic

You reckon Harry really knows Eileen, or was that another fib?
--
John *H*

Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry,
[...]

You folks are obsessed with him.

Get a life.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
[...]

I'd be worried if most of them weren't cowardly pussies like Herring and
Reggie.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:22:02 -0400, hk wrote:

I'd be worried if most of them weren't cowardly pussies like Herring and
Reggie.

Do you know Bob ?

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 22:58:37 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:22:02 -0400, hk wrote:

I'd be worried if most of them weren't cowardly pussies like Herring and
Reggie.

Do you know Bob ?

I still remember hearing that joke in 1980 on my first IT job.
Guy named Dan actually had a little notebook full of joke ticklers so
he could remember them all. He told them well, and for those that
don't remember in those days nobody reported you to HR for telling an
"un-PC" joke.
There were about 5 of us working on the terminals in the common area.
Just as we got done laughing Mike got a call from a guy named Bob
about some hot issue, and Barb, our manager, walked in.
Mike said to her "Oh, Barb. Bob said he took care of that issue."
Barb said, "Bob who?"
After we got off the floor we had explain it to her. She thought we
were all nuts.

--Vic
Jim Jim is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:22:02 -0400, hk wrote:

I'd be worried if most of them weren't cowardly pussies like Herring and
Reggie.

Do you know Bob ?

He probably does, but Here's his bestest drinking buddie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw

wrote:
[...]

Get a life.- Hide quoted text -

He's YOUR lover/clone......

On Aug 27, 6:58*am, Jim wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:22:02 -0400, hk wrote:

I'd be worried if most of them weren't cowardly pussies like Herring and
Reggie.

Do you know Bob ?

He probably does, but Here's his bestest drinking buddie.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw

That's Harry's lover/clone JimH!!!!

wrote:

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:22:02 -0400, hk wrote:

I'd be worried if most of them weren't cowardly pussies like Herring and
Reggie.

Do you know Bob ?

I guess I missed whatever prompted Harry's comment.

Darn. It must have been good.
--
John *H*