Default Value of 1982 INVADER PLEASE HELP

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:47:31 GMT, "stevefrench"
wrote:

I do not understand your post.
Please explain.

"John H." salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote in message
news
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:08:59 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 03:01:05 GMT, "stevefrench"
wrote:

Can anyone on here tell me if this boat really is worth that much or is
it
just overpriced?
What is it worth? It looks well cared for.

From the pictures, and he's fairly liberal with them so that's
something of a plus, it's in remarkable condition for a 25 year old
boat - I'd almost say show room condition from the pictures.

Having said that, it's still a 25 year old boat with all the attendant
potential that incurs for repairs - meaning that there is more
negative potential with a boat that old than positive.

Just guessing given it's condition, it's worth a thousand dollars max
with the usual caveats about mechanicals, but not more than that and I
wouldn't pay that much for it.

This is Ebay so that means he's probably got friends and neighbors
bidding up the price for him.

You must not be moderating Chuck's Island very closely. Earlier you said
it
was quiet. But, there are all kinds of new pictures of boats up over
there.

Where you been, young'un?

My post was to Short Wave Sportfishing. It had nothing to do with the boat
you were looking at. It had to do with another boating forum in which you
may be interested.

It can be found he

http://boatingforum.proboards91.com/index.cgi?

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:02:36 GMT, "stevefrench"
wrote:

Having said that, it's still a 25 year old boat with all the attendant
potential that incurs for repairs - meaning that there is more
negative potential with a boat that old than positive.

Our local lake is overrun with fifty year old aluminum fishing boats,
none of which have ever needed any maintainance, let alone repairs.
A couple of the neighbors have Rebel sailboats, about the first of the
fiberglass boats, dating from the forties. Very heavy, they are.

Casady
HK HK is offline

wrote:

Can anyone on here tell me if this boat really is worth that much or is
it
just overpriced?
What is it worth? It looks well cared for.
From the pictures, and he's fairly liberal with them so that's
something of a plus, it's in remarkable condition for a 25 year old
boat - I'd almost say show room condition from the pictures.

Having said that, it's still a 25 year old boat with all the attendant
potential that incurs for repairs - meaning that there is more
negative potential with a boat that old than positive.

Just guessing given it's condition, it's worth a thousand dollars max
with the usual caveats about mechanicals, but not more than that and I
wouldn't pay that much for it.

This is Ebay so that means he's probably got friends and neighbors
bidding up the price for him.

You must not be moderating Chuck's Island very closely. Earlier you said
it
was quiet. But, there are all kinds of new pictures of boats up over
there.

Where you been, young'un?

Steve...

The poster to whom you refer, John Herring, knows nothing about boats,
and is one of a big handful of similar posters who know nothing about
boats or who only show up in this newsgroup to disrupt it.

Because of those disruption, a longtime poster here started a non-usenet
discussion board so those who wanted to talk about boats would have a
place to do so. It started off ok, but then the disruptors and attack
dogs here took it over, so most boaters simply stopped posting there.
Herring or one of his buddies must have posted some off-topic post at
that message board. That's his specialty.

"stevefrench" wrote in message

That is what I thought. But why are people bidding so high for it?

If you live in Alberta, boat costs are at least 30% over US in pricing.
Which if I was in Wisconsin I might expect this to be more like $3200 or
less. Probably why many now shop south of the border.

But is this not the same boat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-Invader-16-...cm dZViewItem

(One is on ebay.ca and the other, ebay.com)

I am not an ebay expert. But looks double listed.

I am surprised he can't sell it locally for $5,000 if it is in really great
shape.

It is not double listed. Ebay.ca and ebay.com share the same listings.

I don't think they are shared, or in at least they show 2 different bid
values.

"Canuck57" wrote in message

"stevefrench" wrote in message

That is what I thought. But why are people bidding so high for it?

If you live in Alberta, boat costs are at least 30% over US in pricing.
Which if I was in Wisconsin I might expect this to be more like $3200 or
less. Probably why many now shop south of the border.

But is this not the same boat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-Invader-16-...cm dZViewItem

(One is on ebay.ca and the other, ebay.com)

I am not an ebay expert. But looks double listed.

I am surprised he can't sell it locally for $5,000 if it is in really
great shape.

FS: 1982 Mason 43 Cutter in NC Adrian Marketplace 0 November 28th 07 01:07 AM
93 Gw Invader Bravo ESF Fuel Tank Question Mag General 1 July 13th 06 03:54 PM
1982 Sea Ray 17' skippy9894 General 1 August 22nd 05 09:30 PM
Question about a '86 Invader Sean and Crystal General 1 June 10th 04 03:15 AM
1982 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer quality? Scott Collins General 6 August 18th 03 04:22 PM