Default Olyimpics ... wow

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:46:17 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Did you play in any Chicago parks?

Avalon Park. 83rd and Avalon.
That's a bit east of Stony Island Ave.
Like I said though, "fieldhouse champ."
Nothing organized.
The only other parks I used was Jackson Park, where
I went to day camp as a small kid, Russel Square for swimming
as a kid (83rd and S. Shore Drive), and later as an adult Kozcuiusko
Park on Diversey near Pulaski. Swimming, watching League softball,
and setting off fireworks on the 4th.
Played pickup softball at some other north side parks, but don't
remember the names.

--Vic

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:46:17 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Yep, that was my choice. Saw about 15 minutes of Ping Pong.
I used to be the park fieldhouse champ. Jigsaw cut plywood paddles.
No, rubber and no spin.

The cheap paddles used to be covered with sandpaper, which is not as
good as rubber.

Casady