Default Olyimpics ... wow

Even with all the controversy surrounding China favoritism, the USA has
kicked ass.

Well done.

Eisboch

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:02:40 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Even with all the controversy surrounding China favoritism, the USA has
kicked ass.

Well done.

Eisboch

We would have kicked even more if we could hang on to a damn baton! I
yelled, "Oh ****!" twice last night and both times my wife thought the
house was on fire. Damn that was tragic.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:02:40 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Even with all the controversy surrounding China favoritism, the USA has
kicked ass.

Well done.

USA!! USA!! USA!!

Although we seemed to have a problem in boxing - we should have kicked
major butt with the talent they took over, but it didn't turn out that
way.

And got to see some really interesting sports this time around - for
instance, I never knew there was male field hockey. Or handball which
is a kind of basketball/soccer/hockey hybrid which I guess is popular
in Europe. Some really good soccer matches and for once, they
actually covered the velodrome events instead of ignoring it.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:02:40 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Even with all the controversy surrounding China favoritism, the USA has
kicked ass.

Well done.

USA!! USA!! USA!!

Although we seemed to have a problem in boxing - we should have kicked
major butt with the talent they took over, but it didn't turn out that
way.

And got to see some really interesting sports this time around - for
instance, I never knew there was male field hockey. Or handball which
is a kind of basketball/soccer/hockey hybrid which I guess is popular
in Europe. Some really good soccer matches and for once, they
actually covered the velodrome events instead of ignoring it.

I watched one of the handball contests .... I think it was Denmark against
somebody.

I don't think I had ever seen "handball" before. It struck me as a cross
between basketball and hockey.

Very athletic game.

Eisboch

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:33:21 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

.. .
[...]

Looked like water polo on land.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:02:40 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Even with all the controversy surrounding China favoritism, the USA has
kicked ass.

Well done.

Eisboch

The IOC still needs to strip a few medals, could you imagine if the US
were involved in some of the cheating we have seen from China. even in
the agreements they made leading up to the games? The world would be
up in arms. Of course, the IOC is a joke, along the lines of the UN..

"John H." salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:33:21 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

. ..
[...]

That too.

Very physical game. Elements of soccer as well.

Eisboch

[...]

I enjoyed the games - plenty of action.

Field hockey is something that you don't see much of anymore.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

Need to get out more. We played handball in high school, and also a gym I
belonged to in the 1980's had nice handball court. Local old guy was one of
the top players in the USA. As he said, Age and deceit bet youth most of
the time.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

Not the same game. I think you are talking about handball played in an
indoor court where you smack a little ball up against a wall behind your
opponent.

This handball is played on a field the size of a soccer field. The goals
are caged nets, similar to hockey goals.

Eisboch