Default Olyimpics ... wow

On Aug 26, 3:56*pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:
Jerry Lane wrote:
Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P..
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:

It really was hard

Some nice candids of the olympics:

http://www.vkmag.com/galleries/galle...n_2008_in_foto...

http://www.vkmag.com/galleries/galle...n_2008_in_foto...

http://www.vkmag.com/galleries/galle...n_2008_in_foto...

JL

Those are some of the best photos of the Olympics I have seen.

I agree!

On Aug 26, 1:33*pm, HK wrote:

D'oh...what about the results when the ball isn't lobbed to the plate?- Hide quoted text -

Too stupid to consider simple physics?

I'll help you...... a whole whopping 8 mph.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:40:05 -0400, Jerry Lane wrote:

Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:

It really was hard

Some nice candids of the olympics:

http://www.vkmag.com/galleries/galle..._fotos_part_1/

http://www.vkmag.com/galleries/galle..._fotos_part_2/

http://www.vkmag.com/galleries/galle..._fotos_part_3/

JL

Some great photos. Thanks!

"John H." salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:21:10 -0700, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

"Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. " wrote in message
m...
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
)

There isn't a way to cook liver to make it palatable.

As a kid, I ate beef liver and didn't gag, but it was never my favorite
meal. I did enjoy the chicken livers sold at KFC.

Today, when I see it in the store, I gag.

I buy all of my produce and meats in a ethnic market specializing in
Mexican and Asian products. It is amazing the parts of animals and
different sea life, that they considered a delicacy.

Surprisingly, some "scrap" animals parts, such as ox tails, sell at
outrageous prices. Ox tails and pig feet used to be some of the "parts"
that were given to the slaves, and were useless to everyone else. Now
the
sell at a premium.

Like Brisket. I can buy top round to smoke cheaper than Brisket at most
stores. And Ribeye steaks used to be the cheap steak with steak and eggs.
Now seems to be higher than a good New York.

For years, the best kept secret was 'country style ribs'. Now they cost a
fortune.

Safeway has them on $1.99 sale sometimes.

Eisboch wrote:

That's what cracks me up. Both political philosophies, Left and Right,
support "empowering people". In theory, the Right empowers by minimizing
government interference. allowing people to aspire to whatever level of
interest, business and financial success they desire, based on their
individual level of motivation.

The Left "empowers" by attempting to level the playing field, demanding
equal or similar benefits, rewards and lifestyle for everyone by penalizing
those with more than average ambition.

I don't think that's accurate. I'm fairly left leaning due
to the historically pitiful performance of the right and I
just want fair/honest ground rules to minimize deception and
help provide equal opportunity, *not* equal outcome.

Externalization of costs onto the public while privatizing
profits and crony capitalism run amuck has been a
significant burden on average citizens with respect to
energy, health, defense, and the environment.

--
"Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth
about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:08:45 -0700, -rick- wrote:

I don't think that's accurate. I'm fairly left leaning due
to the historically pitiful performance of the right and I
just want fair/honest ground rules to minimize deception and
help provide equal opportunity, *not* equal outcome.

There is no such thing as equal opportunity without equal outcome.
It's typical economic pablum for simpletons for the reason that
providing a means in which every one has a equal chance to achieve a
goal is by definition special intervention which is anything other
than "equal" because it results in an equal outcome by definition.

How do you define "equal"? Do you provide an equal opportunity for a
borderline mental competant to learn quantum physics? Do you divide
by class structure? How is it done?

Let's assume for the moment that you have a work force of people of
whom 2/3's are 6 feet tall and 1/3 4 feet tall. Do you have to hire 1
1/3 four foot person for every 6 foot person you have to hire? Is
that equal?

Externalization of costs onto the public while privatizing
profits and crony capitalism run amuck has been a
significant burden on average citizens with respect to
energy, health, defense, and the environment.

And it's been that way since the beginning of time and will continue
until time ends. It's endemic in all economic systems from the
collective to the non-collective.

Get over it and get used to it.

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:43:12 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Let's assume for the moment that you have a work force of people of
whom 2/3's are 6 feet tall and 1/3 4 feet tall. Do you have to hire 1
1/3 four foot person for every 6 foot person you have to hire? Is
that equal?

I don't understand your arithmatic. How does more in the work force
translate to hiring fewer.

Casady