Default A list of failures longer than a list of accomplishments...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 07:33:55 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC,
STP. " wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 03:58:32 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Aug 23, 5:51 am, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:06:49 -0700, ohara5.0 wrote:
Graduated LAST in his class at West Point. Unremarkable early military
career
Was an unsuccessful store owner, basically went bankrupt. Was called by
his military contempories "butcher and murderer". Was known to be an
alcoholic
AKA US Grant, who became president.
If you like McCain, I wouldn't be bringing up Grant. While Grant,
himself, might have been clean, there was considerable corruption in his
administration, oh, and allegations of anti-semitism.
I think he's just comparing candidate to candidate, especially looking
ast Harry's overly bogus post on McCain's "unacomplishments. "

"got himself shot down and taken prisoner?"
Harry, is that really how you think?

If so, then Icepick is right.
this DOES sound desperite for the DNC.
Tim, the man has often called me stupid for getting drafted. Yes, that's
how he thinks. Noble of him, yes?

If you are stupid for being drafted, I wonder what he thinks about
someone who volunteers to dig ditches for the Marines?

If it was built by the Marine Corps, it will be the best damn ditch
ever dug.

Followed closely by Squid Seabees - gotta give 'em that. :)

I personally am very glad that people volunteered and were willing to
serve their country (either by draft or enlisting) during
some very difficult times. I have never said anything negative about
anyone in served in the military.

As far as the Marine ditch, I don't think they actually dug the ditch I
think they just planted some C4 and called it a day.

John H. wrote:

Tim, the man has often called me stupid for getting drafted. Yes, that's
how he thinks. Noble of him, yes?

Well then, he must think I'm stupid, too. Of course, I didn't get
drafted until AFTER the then-Democratic Congress re-instated the expired
draft law. That would be during the unpopular war a few years back that
a Democrat started, but a Republican ended.

Doesn't matter which party is in power. They all do the same thing. They
just do it to different people.

TJ

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:13:56 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall,

On Aug 23, 5:51 am, wrote:
[...]

I doubt if anyone ever thought you had.

As far as the Marine ditch, I don't think they actually dug the ditch I
think they just planted some C4 and called it a day.

Det cord...lots and lots of det cord. It's the most fun stuff in the world.

wrote in message
t...
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:32:43 -0400, hk wrote:

You boys ought to run for political office. After all, you both were in
the military. That certainly would convince me to vote for you. :)

In all honesty, either one, would be a better candidate than some I've
seen in recent years.

Ah, yes. The ultimate dream team.

Here's part of my platform:

I would embrace the liberal concept of redistribution of wealth and
resources to make things fairer across the board.

For example, I figure people with small boats and fuel efficient engines
don't use or need anywhere near the amount of fuel required for those with
big, fuel hogging boats in their respective, mutual enjoyment of boating.

Therefore, the people with small boats can afford to pay more for a gallon
of fuel because they need so much less of it.

A graduated fuel cost/gallon program will be instituted, with cost per
gallon decreasing as boat length and fuel burn rates increase.

Obviously, blow boaters will pay the highest for fuel.

See? I can make just about as much sense as some of our current
politicians in office.

Eisboch (it's a joke .... don't get nervous)

Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 23, 8:14 am, TJ wrote:
John H. wrote:

Tim, the man has often called me stupid for getting drafted. Yes, that's
how he thinks. Noble of him, yes?

Well then, he must think I'm stupid, too. Of course, I didn't get
drafted until AFTER the then-Democratic Congress re-instated the expired
draft law. That would be during the unpopular war a few years back that
a Democrat started, but a Republican ended.

Doesn't matter which party is in power. They all do the same thing. They
just do it to different people.

TJ

Depending on how one wishes to look at it.i took the easy way out. or
in.

i enlisted during peace time...

?: )

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:14:53 -0400, TJ wrote:

John H. wrote:

Tim, the man has often called me stupid for getting drafted. Yes, that's
how he thinks. Noble of him, yes?

Well then, he must think I'm stupid, too. Of course, I didn't get
drafted until AFTER the then-Democratic Congress re-instated the expired
draft law. That would be during the unpopular war a few years back that
a Democrat started, but a Republican ended.

Doesn't matter which party is in power. They all do the same thing. They
just do it to different people.

TJ

Lots of us stupid folks running around!!

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:21:55 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Thank God for that last line. I was about to run out and buy a *big* boat!
I s'pose folks with smaller houses would have to help with the maintenance
and upkeep of those *big* houses also?

This could get fun. I might get a Hummer. Get some guy with a Smart Car to
help with the payments and gas.

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 07:14:34 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Aug 23, 8:14 am, TJ wrote:
John H. wrote:

Tim, the man has often called me stupid for getting drafted. Yes, that's
how he thinks. Noble of him, yes?

Well then, he must think I'm stupid, too. Of course, I didn't get
drafted until AFTER the then-Democratic Congress re-instated the expired
draft law. That would be during the unpopular war a few years back that
a Democrat started, but a Republican ended.

Doesn't matter which party is in power. They all do the same thing. They
just do it to different people.

TJ

Depending on how one wishes to look at it.i took the easy way out. or
in.

i enlisted during peace time...

?: )

For the right reasons, that's a good choice!

wrote:

wrote in message
et...
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:32:43 -0400, hk wrote:

You boys ought to run for political office. After all, you both were in
the military. That certainly would convince me to vote for you. :)

In all honesty, either one, would be a better candidate than some I've
seen in recent years.

Ah, yes. The ultimate dream team.

Here's part of my platform:

I would embrace the liberal concept of redistribution of wealth and
resources to make things fairer across the board.

You might enjoy this.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7qM9zhIoco

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKBFmgxqU-s

--Vic

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:39:37 -0400, hk wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:32:43 -0400, hk wrote:

You boys ought to run for political office. After all, you both were in
the military. That certainly would convince me to vote for you. :)

In all honesty, either one, would be a better candidate than some I've
seen in recent years.

Well, hell, one of my cats would be a more honest veep than Cheney.

One of your cats would be more honest than the cat's owner.

THis list Florida Keyz General 1 December 17th 03 12:49 AM
This list Florida Keyz General 4 December 13th 03 01:15 AM
The B LIST!!! Bobsprit ASA 31 November 19th 03 04:11 AM
LIST OF THREADS ON:LIST: NAUTICAL THREADS - OCT 26, 03 TO NOV 02, 03 - Bobsprit ASA 11 November 3rd 03 08:45 PM
The list Bobsprit ASA 75 October 19th 03 04:07 AM