Default Hey Jaffa Gene...

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:52:18 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 01:38:41 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:58:32 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 01:16:19 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|I was just poking around your web site and saw the Kearny and Trecker
|mills.
|
|I didn't know any of those critters still lived. :)
|
|My Uncle Dan was Chief Engineer for K&T during the 50/60's and was
|involved in the development of their push prop float plane - can't
|remember the model of it.

Yep, I have two of the old guys.... A Model "D" #2 (this one is a bit
rare) and a Model "H" 2 Plain.

Cool old tools man - WAY cool.

Love old machine tools.

If I were to ever to become an addict, heroin would hold no
fascination to me. Old machine tools, on the other hand, tug at my
heartstrings as no other item could ever do....

I know the sacrifices, efforts, and pains that went into the creation
of these monuments.

They are a testament to the American worker. A testament to what an
American machine tool used to mean to the rest of the world......

If you are ever up in Vermont, you don't want to miss this place!

http://www.americanprecision.org/index.php

They not only have a huge collection of machine tools, but also many
handbuilt working models. Oh yeah, Bridgeport Machine, serial number
ONE.

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 03:00:38 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:27:28 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
here.com...

I'm a happy gray-beard. I earned it.

Me too, except I haven't yet developed the gonads to let it grow out for
the
world to see.

You may call me Graystash... :)

Wife says no beard, you would look like a skid-row bum. And no stash.

I had a beard for a while. I am not particularly hairy, so it took quite a
while to grow in. Then I discovered it was mostly grey with red highlights
(my hair is mouse brown) and looked stupid. Tried that Grecian formula
stuff that you brush in to darken it up. Finally shaved it off because
Mrs.E. kept complaining that I looked "scary".

Psssst - she was just being nice - she meant to say MORE scary. :)