Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
HK HK is offline

Default Cockpit drainage, lets try again

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Aug 19, 9:58 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

OK, lets try for some real info this time and no insults. Do so-
called offshore boats really have good scuppers? Can anybody provide
a link to a pic of such?
Next, areas below the deck, are they sealed on offshore boats or
accessible via a hatch? How much do said hatches leak? (my sealed
compartments have 6" screw in type access ports).
By that controversial Florida fellow:

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/sinking.htm

Eisboch
I like Pasco. Interesting that he says to seal up scuppers if they
are too low and rely on bilge pumps.

In the pic he gave, the scupper was even with the cockpit sole, so why
have a bilge pump? Where is the pump pumping if the deck is supposed
to be sealed?

Oi! Oi! Oi!

Honest to goodness, sir, you have no business heading 50 miles out into
the Atlantic Ocean in a little outboard boat, and I mean no insult.

I agree.

When we were in Florida (Jupiter) even the big boats planning the crossing
would assemble down by Peanut Island, wait for good weather, then all make
the crossing together.

Eisboch

Do you still have your place in Florida? When my mother moved to Florida
she first lived in the Jupiter area, but then moved south to W. Palm
Beach. Too far south in Florida for me to live; I cannot tolerate that
sort of heat, but...in the winter, it's a great place to visit.

--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do
something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do

— Edward Everett Hale (1822-1909)

Center cockpit v. Aft cockpit Bill Cruising 4 April 9th 07 03:22 PM
OK, Lets try this again. Brazilla General 18 August 15th 06 03:55 AM
Lets help this guy Joe ASA 4 December 16th 04 09:07 PM
Hey Jo, Lets Rock BigMac ASA 0 November 2nd 04 09:49 PM
'98 Larson 176 Drainage Problem Bryan Greer General 2 August 7th 03 08:00 PM