Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default Solution to the politics polluting the NG?

How does a kill file work? Where can I get one???!!!

Capt. Frank

Marc Auslander wrote:
I urge everyone to add each author who EVER participates in a
policical thread to their kill file.

bb

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:43:25 GMT, "Capt. Frank Hopkins"
wrote:

How does a kill file work? Where can I get one???!!!

With a little patience you can get the job done. There's a guy named
Christopher who periodically posts not only kill file instructions,
but the correct list of names to place on said kill file. It's been a
couple of weeks sinces he's posted it, so he's about due. If you're
in a big hurry you can accomplish the same results by unsubscribing to
rec.boats. I can assure you, you will attain the same results by
simply unsubscribing as you will by kill filing everyone who posts or
responds to anything off topic.

Happy boating.

bb
JohnH

Marc Auslander wrote:
I urge everyone to add each author who EVER participates in a
policical thread to their kill file.

Just kidding! Are you using Forte's Agent news reader? If so, select a message
whose author you want to 'kill file', (like JohnH). Then right click on the
message. On the context sensitive menu that pops up, select "Filters". Then
select "Add Kill Filter." A window will then open with "JohnH" in the "Filter
Expression" pane. Once there, just click "OK" and the author, JohnH, will not
show up on your message list again.

There are many other ways to filter messages. Go into the 'help' topics for
many, many ways to filter expressions.

If you are using MS Outlook or Outlook Express as a news reader, then I suggest
you get Forte Agent, or Free Agent. It's a great program.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
jps

I guess friendship just isn't worth much to you, eh?

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
What benefit would anyone reading this NG derive from me discussing union
labor and the auto industry?

"jps" wrote in message
Sure, but only if you finally explain your real position on union labor

and
the auto industry.

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
et...
jps,
You are way off base. I am not attacking Gould, I find him to be very
reasonable and normally very civil. I am just here to have fun, and

try
my best not to discuss boats and keep the topics off topic. Since you

and
are here for the same reason, I thought we should be friends.

"jps" wrote in message
"K Smith" wrote in message
jps wrote:
"Bill Cole" wrote in message

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
There seem to be a lot of people who come here and consider

rec.boats

spectator sport. I can see where they get grumpy if the content

isn't

100%

as

advertised.

I can not believe that anyone would want rec.boats to be about

boats.
The
fun is in telling Gould he is wrong about any off topic thread

he
posts

to.

PS Chuck , you are wrong.

I finally figured it out, you're Karen of Oz toating a new male
moniker
and
a way shorter composition style!!!

Whew, it took a long time to figure it out but now I know the

truth.

Man, I'm relieved.

Medication has kicked in hey jps??

Yes he is much shorter but at least he & I actually write

something
of
our own instead of endless pastes from a magazine or the

newspapers.

Why can't you blokes just accept that a consistent near 50% of all
people in western democracies have different political views?? It
doesn't make either side stupid or "bad" it's just democracy at

work,
so
sit back & let it work. It's not perfect 100% of us agree on that

but
till mankind figures out something better it's the best system

we've
found so far.

I'm not offended being mistaken as Bill, however I suspect he

is:-)

Damn, thought I had it. It was how he has been constantly going

after
Chuck. I know that's one of your passions.

I am, however, completely convinced that Dennice the Menace Compton

has
reemerged as right-winger "Jim."

basskisser

--

Better ad yourself, then, your above post is more political in nature,
than boating related.

jps

I'll cop to "right wing trash" but "eh" was earned. I spent a couple of
years at school in Canada.

I see you're avoiding the friendship question how, eh?

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
It is funny to watch you imitate Harry with all of his expressions, "right
wing trash" and now you are coping his "eh" expression. I know he is very
impressed with your effort to emulate him.

"jps" wrote in message
"K Smith" wrote in message

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

Bill Cole

No, I just can't see any benefit to discussing unions and autos with you.
Have you ever convinced anyone in the NG to change a position on any issue?

"jps" wrote in message
"Bill Cole" wrote in message
No, I am not avoiding anything, I just do not see any benefit to

discussing
labor unions and the auto industry in rec.boats. If you want to feel

free.

I never concluded your disinterest from the cryptic run you gave the

subject
previously.

Were you just being disingenuous and flip?

Harry Krause

Bill Cole wrote:

It is funny to watch you imitate Harry with all of his expressions, "right
wing trash" and now you are coping his "eh" expression. I know he is very
impressed with your effort to emulate him.

Properly, it is right-wing trash. Be proud. You're part of the heap.

As for the eh, well, it really is a nod to my Canadian friends, and just
another way to annoy the xenophobic right-winger trash, who,
collectively, seem to dislike Canadians, probably because the latter
don't play the game of climbing up George Bush's butt.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.