Marc Auslander

Default Solution to the politics polluting the NG?

I urge everyone to add each author who EVER participates in a
policical thread to their kill file.
Gould 0738

"Marc Auslander" wrote in message
I urge everyone to add each author who EVER participates in a
policical thread to their kill file.

Yeah!!! String the *******s up!!!

That's a little severe.

Marc's server must work a lot differently than mine. Apparently, he's been
aching to start or participate in some or all of the boating related threads
and must be getting some message like "Sorry, but your contribution to
rec.boats has been rejected because the total supply of electrons has been
consumed by off-topic posts."

There seem to be a lot of people who come here and consider rec.boats a
spectator sport. I can see where they get grumpy if the content isn't 100% as
advertised. Based upon what we're charging at the door, maybe somebody ought to
give the disgruntled folks double their ticket price back?

I still say, if you don't like what you see, help make it what you want it to
be. Through contribution, rather than whimpering and griping.
Jim

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
"Marc Auslander" wrote in message
I urge everyone to add each author who EVER participates in a
policical thread to their kill file.

Yeah!!! String the *******s up!!!

That's a little severe.

Marc's server must work a lot differently than mine. Apparently, he's been
aching to start or participate in some or all of the boating related threads
and must be getting some message like "Sorry, but your contribution to
rec.boats has been rejected because the total supply of electrons has been
consumed by off-topic posts."

Actually Marc has been an avid contributor to this NG for many years, perhaps as far
back as 1998. Try a google search before you generalize and insult someone about a
legitimate concern of theirs Chuck.

Bill Cole

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
There seem to be a lot of people who come here and consider rec.boats a
spectator sport. I can see where they get grumpy if the content isn't 100%

as
advertised.

I can not believe that anyone would want rec.boats to be about boats. The
fun is in telling Gould he is wrong about any off topic thread he posts to.

PS Chuck , you are wrong.

jps

"Bill Cole" wrote in message

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
There seem to be a lot of people who come here and consider rec.boats a
spectator sport. I can see where they get grumpy if the content isn't

100%
as
advertised.

I can not believe that anyone would want rec.boats to be about boats. The
fun is in telling Gould he is wrong about any off topic thread he posts

to.

PS Chuck , you are wrong.

I finally figured it out, you're Karen of Oz toating a new male moniker and
a way shorter composition style!!!

Whew, it took a long time to figure it out but now I know the truth.

Man, I'm relieved.

K Smith

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
There seem to be a lot of people who come here and consider rec.boats a

spectator sport. I can see where they get grumpy if the content isn't

100%

as

advertised.

I can not believe that anyone would want rec.boats to be about boats. The
fun is in telling Gould he is wrong about any off topic thread he posts

to.

PS Chuck , you are wrong.

I finally figured it out, you're Karen of Oz toating a new male moniker and
a way shorter composition style!!!

Whew, it took a long time to figure it out but now I know the truth.

Man, I'm relieved.

Medication has kicked in hey jps??

Yes he is much shorter but at least he & I actually write something of
our own instead of endless pastes from a magazine or the newspapers.

Why can't you blokes just accept that a consistent near 50% of all
people in western democracies have different political views?? It
doesn't make either side stupid or "bad" it's just democracy at work, so
sit back & let it work. It's not perfect 100% of us agree on that but
till mankind figures out something better it's the best system we've
found so far.

I'm not offended being mistaken as Bill, however I suspect he is:-)

Capt. Frank Hopkins

How does a kill file work? Where can I get one???!!!

Capt. Frank

Marc Auslander wrote:
I urge everyone to add each author who EVER participates in a
policical thread to their kill file.

bb

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:43:25 GMT, "Capt. Frank Hopkins"
wrote:

How does a kill file work? Where can I get one???!!!

With a little patience you can get the job done. There's a guy named
Christopher who periodically posts not only kill file instructions,
but the correct list of names to place on said kill file. It's been a
couple of weeks sinces he's posted it, so he's about due. If you're
in a big hurry you can accomplish the same results by unsubscribing to
rec.boats. I can assure you, you will attain the same results by
simply unsubscribing as you will by kill filing everyone who posts or
responds to anything off topic.

Happy boating.

bb
JohnH

Marc Auslander wrote:
I urge everyone to add each author who EVER participates in a
policical thread to their kill file.

Just kidding! Are you using Forte's Agent news reader? If so, select a message
whose author you want to 'kill file', (like JohnH). Then right click on the
message. On the context sensitive menu that pops up, select "Filters". Then
select "Add Kill Filter." A window will then open with "JohnH" in the "Filter
Expression" pane. Once there, just click "OK" and the author, JohnH, will not
show up on your message list again.

There are many other ways to filter messages. Go into the 'help' topics for
many, many ways to filter expressions.

If you are using MS Outlook or Outlook Express as a news reader, then I suggest
you get Forte Agent, or Free Agent. It's a great program.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
basskisser

--

Better ad yourself, then, your above post is more political in nature,
than boating related.