HK HK is offline

Default What do China and the United States share?

Abuse of children:

Iowa Workforce Development: Agriprocessors’ Child Labor Investigation
Complete
8/5/2008

For Immediate Release: August 5, 2008
Contact: Kerry Koonce (515) 281-9646

Agriprocessors’ Child Labor Investigation Complete;
Turned Over to Iowa Attorney General’s Office for Prosecution

DES MOINES – The Iowa Labor Commissioner’s Office has completed an
intensive child labor investigation at Agriprocessors, Inc. in
Postville. The investigation, which spanned several months, has produced
57 cases, with multiple child labor violations in each case. A second
portion of the investigation is still pending which may lead to
additional cases.

“The investigation brings to light egregious violations of virtually
every aspect of Iowa’s child labor laws,” indicated Dave Neil, Iowa
Labor Commissioner. “It is my recommendation that the Attorney General’s
Office prosecute these violations to the fullest extent of the law.”

Agriprocessors alleged violations include working minors in prohibited
occupations, failure to obtain work permits, exceeding the allowable
hours to work youth, exposure to hazardous chemicals, working with
prohibited tools and others. Iowa’s child labor laws indicate that every
day during which a violation of the chapter continues, shall constitute
a separate and distinct offense.

Under Iowa Law, child labor investigations are turned over to the county
attorney’s office for prosecution, however the county may choose to turn
the case(s) over to the Iowa Attorney General’s Office. The Allamakee
County Attorney’s Office had previously indicated to the department
their desire to turn the case directly over to the Iowa Attorney
General’s Office.

The Labor Commissioner’s Office is still in process of conducting an
investigation into general wage violations at the Postville plant.

- - -

Hopefully these cases will result in some hard time for the corporate
crooks.
Tim Tim is offline

"What do China and the United States share? "

Scrap and money?

Senior Member

Default SPAM: Wafa spam.. likely edited cut and paste..

Wafa is famous for editing and then reposting cut and paste.. Take
nothing, and I mean nothing wafa says or posts here seriously..

Default Wafa spam.. likely edited cut and paste..

He's incapable of an original thought. All he does is cut and paste pages of
stuff no one will read.

My absolute favorite of the week though is when he said in no uncertain
terms, when asked if the photo of the girl he posted was photoshopped,
"Nope. No need to improve on nature." Then the exif data shows it was
tweaked by PS no less than TWENTY FIVE times!!! Not a very good job of it as
well, I might add. LOL Caught in another lie, that he *thinks* he danced
his way out of.

Why anyone continues to engage him is beyond me.... If they ignore him,
he'll go away, and so will the other two. I've never seen anyone so out of
touch with reality. He *seriously* needs help.

--Mike

wrote in message
Wafa is famous for editing and then reposting cut and paste.. Take
nothing, and I mean nothing wafa says or posts here seriously..

You are sick comparing China and the US.

Maybe there's a position over there for you in union organization.

You wouldn't be happy in Utopia.

HK HK is offline

D.Duck wrote:
You are sick comparing China and the US.

Maybe there's a position over there for you in union organization.

You wouldn't be happy in Utopia.

In China, underaged children work in food processing plants, operating
dangerous machinery and laboring under oppressive conditions.

Just like in the United States.

Smoke that, Mr. Utopian.

HK HK is offline

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
D.Duck wrote:
You are sick comparing China and the US.

Maybe there's a position over there for you in union organization.

You wouldn't be happy in Utopia.

In China, underaged children work in food processing plants, operating
dangerous machinery and laboring under oppressive conditions.

Just like in the United States.

Smoke that, Mr. Utopian.

My comments stand.

So do mine, and mine are based upon fact.

There's no shortage of child labor abuse cases in the United States,
and, of course, many US corporations own or are shadow owners of
manufacturing plants overseas that employ child laborers and exploit
them. It really helps the bottom line when your workers earn less than a
dollar a day, and each item of clothing they make sells for $90, hey?

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
D.Duck wrote:
You are sick comparing China and the US.

Maybe there's a position over there for you in union organization.

You wouldn't be happy in Utopia.

In China, underaged children work in food processing plants, operating
dangerous machinery and laboring under oppressive conditions.

Just like in the United States.

Smoke that, Mr. Utopian.

Yup. As a 10 year old, I got to work in a machine shop with engine Lathes.
Shapers and saws and drills. By 12 I could turn out a beautiful cannon.
Still going and all my fingers. And can still weld and run a lathe.

On Aug 6, 2:41*am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

D.Duck wrote:
You are sick comparing China and the US.

Maybe there's a position over there for you in union organization.

You wouldn't be happy in Utopia.

In China, underaged children work in food processing plants, operating
dangerous machinery and laboring under oppressive conditions.

Just like in the United States.

Smoke that, Mr. Utopian.

Yup. *As a 10 year old, I got to work in a machine shop with engine Lathes.
Shapers and saws and drills. *By 12 I could turn out a beautiful cannon..
Still going and all my fingers. *And can still weld and run a lathe.

Exactly! I worked on our farm as soon as I was old enough to lift and
tote! Something broke, we fixed it. I learned lots of skills from
those days that still apply.