Default Best handheld marine GPS

I'm looking to buy a portable (handheld) GPS with good marine mapping. Many
out there. The GPSMAP 76 looks good. Any suggestions?

"aieo" wrote in message
I'm looking to buy a portable (handheld) GPS with good marine mapping.
Many out there. The GPSMAP 76 looks good. Any suggestions?

Last fall I struggled between the 76 and the GPSMAP 60Cx.
I bought the latter when Cosco had it on for a good price and Garmin offered
a $50.00 rebate.
I also felt the unit was more rugged... with the rubber armour protection.

"aieo" wrote in :

The GPSMAP 76 looks good. Any suggestions?

Works great. You can reload the charts into it from your PC to get new
charts. It's loaded with charts and you just pay Garmin for the KEY to
unlock the treasure chest for a new one.

On Aug 5, 11:04*am, wrote:
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 10:36:49 -0400, "aieo"
wrote:

I'm looking to buy a portable (handheld) GPS with good marine mapping. Many
out there. The GPSMAP 76 looks good. Any suggestions?

The GPSMAP276c is FAR better in many ways. I own both. I think the
newer version of the 276 is the 378/478. *Both come preloaded with
both marine and land maps and charts, which had to be purchased
separately for the 276c. The 378 coveres inland lakes and rivers,
while the 478 has coastal charts.

Anyone know where I can dll' maps for this Magellen Explorist 500???