Default Too Stupid to Look it Up

"Tim" wrote in message
On Aug 1, 3:17 pm, hk wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
A poster on a boating bulletin board is interested in replacing the
lights
on his trailer with LED trailer lights, but apparently cannot figure
out on
his own where to buy them or even where to find suppliers of same.

Perhaps wannabe boaters should be forced to take literacy examinations
before being issued a license to drive on the waterways.

Google "LED boat trailer lights" 1300 results

1.
buy LED Trailer Lights
www.superbrightleds.com Trailer Lamp assemblies - LED
replacement for any type of trailer
2.
Led Boat Trailer Lights
www.TrailerPart.com Find a Huge Selection of Brand Name
Parts -
Fast Delivery, In Stock!
Google Checkout
3.
Boat Trailer Lights
Overtons.com Boat Trailers, Hitches, Accessories Boating &
Marine Superstore.

Search Results
Shopping results for "LED boat trailer lights"

LED Boat Trailer Lights $24.99 - Vehiclelight.com
4.5 LED Boat Trailer Kit w/ marker & ID ... $79.95 - eBay
Submersible LED Boat Trailer Light Set - led truck lights, led ...
Submersible LED Boat Trailer Light Set - led truck lights, led trailer
lights, led boat trailer lights, trailer lights ...
www.vehiclelight.com/ilc2564000s.html- 13k - Cached - Similar pages -
Note this
LED Boat Trailer Lights - led truck lights, led trailer lights ...
Led Lights - tail, brake, stop,trailer and led truck lighting.
Competitively priced Led lighting products to the heavy duty truck &
Nev
markets.
www.vehiclelight.com/28044001.html- 13k - Cached - Similar pages - Note
this
More results fromwww.vehiclelight.com»
Led Boat Trailer Lights Boats, Kayaks & Boating Equipment at ...
Buy led boat trailer lights Boats, Kayaks & Boating Equipment from
Sports
Equipment & Outdoor Gear stores. Compare prices & shop online at
BizRate.
http://www.bizrate.com/boatskayaks_b...keyword--led+b...
- 123k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Led Boat Lights Boats, Kayaks & Boating Equipment at BizRate ...
led boat trailer lights, led trailer lights boat, boat trailer led
lights,
led navigation lights boat, submersible led boat trailer lights, ...
http://www.bizrate.com/boatskayaks_b...keyword--led+b...
- 192k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
More results fromwww.bizrate.com»
LED Boat Trailer Lights: Optronics [p.1] - iboats.com
Boat Lights LED Boat Lights LED Boat Trailer Lights.
http://www.iboats.com/.../dm/categor...d_172_Optronic...
- 23k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
LED Boat Lights: Innovative lighting [p.1] - iboats.com
LED Navigation Lights · LED Interior Boat Lights · LED Boat Deck Lights
·
LED Boat Trailer Lights · Shop All Boat Lights ...
http://www.iboats.com/LED_Boat_Light...eywords.brand_......
- 30k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
More results fromwww.iboats.com»
Trailer Lights - Boating and Sailing Accessories - Find, Compare ...
submersible led trailer lights , 51441 stops light , led boat trailer
lights , oval led boat trailer lights , led submersible trailer lights
,
boat trailer ...
http://www.dealtime.com/xDN-boating_...railer_lights- 52k - Cached -
Similar pages - Note this
oval led boat trailer lights - Find, Compare, and Buy at DealTime
Read oval led boat trailer lights Reviews and Compare oval led boat
trailer lights Prices. DealTime helps shoppers find, compare, and buy
anything in just ...
www.dealtime.com/-oval+led+boat+trailer+lights- 32k - Cached - Similar
pages - Note this
More results fromwww.dealtime.com»
Boat Trailer Lights, LED Boat Trailer Lights, Trailer Hitch Lights ...
EasyOn tail lights attach easily and quickly to boat trailers and their
full functionality include brake, hazard, turn signal and running
lights.
http://www.easyontaillights.com/appl...ttrailer.aspx- 10k - Cached -
Similar pages - (many pages more)

D'oh.

Maybe he wants a suggestion for good LED lights. I have bought a set
from
Bass Pro Shops. Lasted about 18 months. Set from West Marine, recalled
after I had tossed them after a year. I think the ones I have now are
from
Cabelas, but have only been on 6 months. So jury out on them.
Warranteed
for 5 years, but the wanted you to return them with original receipt and
original packaging. Yes, like everybody will keep the package for 5
years.

It's not something I worry about. In all the years I have been
trailerboating, I have had two bulbs burn out for unknown reasons...
one a sidelight and the other the "turn signal" filament at the rear.
The funny thing was the rear light was mounted on the top of a guide
post and was never submerged. These were "regular," old-style
incandescent bulbs.

Oh...and sometimes I disconnect the wiring harness and sometimes I
don't. :)

I've read posts on real boating discussion boards that discuss the good,
the bad and the ugly about LED trailer lights. I think there are too
many variables in manufacture, assembly, installation and patterns of
use to state LEDs are preferable for trailers dunked into salt water.

If a taillight-brake-turn signal bulb blows on my trailer, I can replace
it in five minutes. I keep a couple of new bulbs in the glove
compartment of my SUV.

Frankly, I am far more obsessive about my trailer brakes. I carry a two
gallon garden sprayer with me, and rinse off the trailer's disc brakes
after I launch the boat and park the vehicle and trailer. Bulbs are
cheap; brakes are not.

Probably the best LED's would be found at a truck joint. Semi-trucks
depend on their tail lights

They most likely are not submersible.

Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 1, 11:37 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Aug 1, 3:17 pm, hk wrote:

http://www.dealtime.com/xDN-boating_...ler_lights-52k - Cached -
http://www.dealtime.com/-oval+led+bo...ler+lights-32k - Cached - Similar
http://www.easyontaillights.com/appl...ailer.aspx-10k - Cached -
[...]

Maybe not, Bill, but they sure are out in the weather....