Default Another fishing report that HK can turn into a suicide thread...

My fifth trip in a row to New Hogan Reservoir (Near Stockton in N
California) - and every trip resulted in a single striper. I guess a
single-fish jinx is better'n a no-fish jinx!

I caught a four pounder at thirty feet by rolling anchovies. I also
had a big'un on for awhile, but lost it before I got it to the boat.
It was probably 7-10 lbs. Rats!

As usual,to avoid the lake lice I was on the water a bit after 0600
and off the water before noon. The lice seem to take over then.

I should try kokanee at nearby New Melones Reservoir at least once
this year, but having sold my C-Dory and her electric downriggers, I
don't think I'm up to using my manual downriggers for fish that are
over 100 feet deep. But I may go there and try for trout - especially
some night with a light. I hear that's hot right now.

Photo on my homepage http://www.fishwisher.com

Dale

On Jul 24, 9:10*am, FishWisher wrote:
[...]

You're turning into a New Hogan regular! May have to give it a try
next time I'm out there! I lived in the East Bay for a few years, and
visit there regularly. I've never had the chance to go fishing for
sturgeon and would love to! I lived in Martinez, and would watch the
boats coming in with them.

Oh...fishing report. HK General 11 August 4th 07 10:49 PM
The Fishing Report Joe ASA 0 May 25th 07 03:31 PM
Fishing report for today.... Wayne.B General 0 June 23rd 06 08:17 PM
Fishing report for today.... JoeSpareBedroom General 3 June 23rd 06 08:06 PM
Fishing Report - Tournament F330 GT General 0 January 10th 04 08:40 PM