Default One rule for Obama...

and one for the rest of us.

Obama called McCain’s gas-tax holiday proposal “a gimmick” back in
April. How would he describe the convention planners’ use of tax-free
gasoline while the rest of the country pays its fair share of taxes on
fuel? Maybe Obama would like to explain that while he’s talking about
hiking fuel taxes to pay for investments in alternative energy
sources. Will Democrats be exempt from that tax?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-pass-gas-tax/

Hope. Change. Nuance.

Artie Choke wrote in
:

and one for the rest of us.

Obama called McCain’s gas-tax holiday proposal “a gimmick” back in
April. How would he describe the convention planners’ use of tax-free
gasoline while the rest of the country pays its fair share of taxes on
fuel? Maybe Obama would like to explain that while he’s talking about
hiking fuel taxes to pay for investments in alternative energy
sources. Will Democrats be exempt from that tax?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...ives-dnc-host-

ommittee-pass-gas-tax/

Hope. Change. Nuance.

Someone asked me if I pay road taxes on used veggie oil I get from
Chinese restaurants and dispose of this waste in two diesel Mercedes
cars and a diesel Air Force stepvan.

I told 'em I pay road tax on every gallon of diesel fuel I buy......

There's no road tax on waste vegetable oil from french fryers....or
nuclear waste, but we haven't gotten that working, yet, as the trunk lid
keeps melting...

We may get off the grid by 2009. Here's a veggie oil powered house in
Dominican Republic:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KfR9gGUI8Fs
There's about 40,000 hours of power at this rate in our warehouse,
tonight. I'll collect more than it burns in a month every Friday from 3
restaurants. It runs on almost nothing! Our oil is piling up.

Domincan Republic doesn't need heat, and, frankly, neither do I in South
Carolina. There's a video on Google I think it was from cold England.
Not only does he electrically power the house from his Indian Listeroid
(about $1600 for engine) but he uses a Listeroid powered electric pump
to pump the hot water from the engine into the house to 3 hot water
radiators, reducing his heating bill to zero, also. The only electrical
load on the heating system is the pump! The plans I've seen pump water
from the hot water tank through the engine until the water tank is hot
enough, then a solenoid valve switches the engine water to the radiators
to heat the house, recovering nearly 100% of the available energy from
the oil. Your only expense is lube oil every 100 hours. I plan to use
a forced air system into my existing ductwork through an electric fan
from a standard car radiator. The Englishman says he regulates his
house by leaving the windows open in winter....FRESH hot air over the
radiators.

There are Listeroids and Lister engines from the 1920's and 30's still
running all over the world, today. They are easily overhauled after a
few hundred thousand hours with replaceable cylinder sleeves and roller
bearings. The one cylinder engine only has 17 moving parts, if you
count the decompression handle that simply holds the exhaust valve open
until YOU get the two flywheels cranked up. They start like this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0iwrroFq7UI
(water tank cooling from 55 gal oildrum is very adequate if you're not
going to use the heat.)

Of course, Americans will add a ring gear and starter you can see he
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nPg01eOsHiw

For more power, here's the 24hp "Super Twin". That should easily give
you 20KW on the right sized alternator.

This will also give your KIDS power for THEIR home after you die, saving
them $millions by 2025 as prices rise and money becomes even more
worthless....a legacy for the family. Keep the government from freezing
them to death.

OH TOPIC - Wouldn't it be great fun to have the big 6HP monster in a
displacement hulled motor whaleboat?....(c;

Help me with Rule 30 of the colregs please Ellen MacArthur ASA 28 September 16th 06 01:06 AM
The 100 yard rule Joe ASA 18 August 19th 06 03:27 PM
Rule 12 - Sailing Rule Capt. Neal® ASA 94 February 8th 05 04:49 PM
The IRC Rule ?? BoatMan General 3 February 8th 05 03:58 PM