BoatBanter.com

-   -   That's my boy... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/96170-thats-my-boy.html)

D.Duck[_2_] July 17th 08 01:53 AM

That's my boy...

"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:16:24 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in
message
D.Duck wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
message
http://www.thetandd.com/articles/200...4512519627.txt
Not really up on the progression of MS, but isn't his "recovery"
nothing
short of miraculous?

Fantastic.....
John Francis had CP, and for him to progress to his level is nothing
short
of a miraculous show of personal strength and character.
This freakin' old age, I read it and by the time I got here to
comment I had
MS instead of CP in my feeble mind.

You just need a good brat.

--Vic
On that we can definitely agree. Oh how I long for the Bart Stop.
Or the Brat Stop!

What's wrong with a good Sheboygan "bart"? Damn it all to hell. This
getting old really sucks.

It's worse than you think - it's Kenosha. HWY 50 exit IIRC.

I know very well where the Brat Stop is located on Highway 50. Years ago
had a place just west of there on Camp Lake. I mentioned "Sheboygan" brats
as that's the "style" served at the Brat Stop. Love those boiled in beer
and then finished off on the grill brats.

First of many, many times at the Brat Stop was probably in the early to mid
60s. Haven't been there since '92 when I moved to Florida.

We get Johnsonville brand down here which aren't too bad. Now a good
Chicago Italian beef sandwich, that's another story. Although a place
opened near by about six months ago that has a reasonable facsimile.

Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] July 17th 08 02:21 AM

That's my boy...

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:53:17 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

D.Duck wrote:
[...]

You guys suck - I love brats.

Now I'm hungry.

Dorks. :)

Larry July 17th 08 02:25 AM

That's my boy...

"Jim" wrote in news:g5ksbq$7vs$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

Great story Larry. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I do try not to because he and I weren't great friends.....but I miss him
something awful....

Calif Bill July 17th 08 06:23 AM

That's my boy...

http://www.thetandd.com/articles/200...4512519627.txt

Congrats to him and his mother. And probably a border collie. ;)

DK July 18th 08 12:51 AM

That's my boy...

D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

D.Duck wrote:
[...]

Import your own.

http://www.tastesofchicago.com/

Good stuff!

D.Duck[_2_] July 18th 08 01:33 AM

That's my boy...

"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

D.Duck wrote:
[...]

I've collected a few recipes from the Internet and when I find time in my
busy schedule I'll try making my own.

Larry July 18th 08 02:08 AM

That's my boy...

"D.Duck" wrote in
:

I've collected a few recipes from the Internet and when I find time in
my busy schedule I'll try making my own.

I have the little Nokia N800 Linux internet tablet, a really fantastic
piece of gear with great freeware apps from maemo.org.

Two new apps came out recently, one is a weigh****cher that tracks your
weight, calories, with an extensive database of foods, really nice.

The other one is a recipe program preloaded with the author's entire
database, including some really delicious COOKIE recipes....(c;

I sent the recipe author a message saying his program caused the
weightjinni program to crash when I put in what I ate and what I weighed
after all his cookies....(c;

I told him the error message was "buffet overload".....(c;

We've been swapping emails ever since.......

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/weightjinni/

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/pyrecipe/
Look. There's even color photos to make you DROOL!

ON TOPIC - The tablet would make an excellent BOAT device. It has several
NAV programs, these programs, games, EBOOK READER, etc....lots of uses
cruising.