Default Cleaning the vinyl

I asked on this group about a month ago about removing dock rash and
tire marks from my hull. The suggestion to use gas was awesome and now
my boat looks great.

Yesterday we went out on the boat and my wife brought a bag of bread
for the ducks. Unfortunately the ink from the bag now shows the bread
ingrediance on my vinyl seats (you can actually read it on the seats
now). What can I use to clean this? I have the 303 product but it
doesn't seem to really get deep into the vinyl. I'm worried about
using anything too harsh because I don't want to dry the vinyl out.

-Robert

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:41:09 -0700 (PDT), "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

I asked on this group about a month ago about removing dock rash and
tire marks from my hull. The suggestion to use gas was awesome and now
my boat looks great.

Yesterday we went out on the boat and my wife brought a bag of bread
for the ducks. Unfortunately the ink from the bag now shows the bread
ingrediance on my vinyl seats (you can actually read it on the seats
now). What can I use to clean this? I have the 303 product but it
doesn't seem to really get deep into the vinyl. I'm worried about
using anything too harsh because I don't want to dry the vinyl out.

I use Leather Cleaner cloths you find at NAPA.

wrote:

I asked on this group about a month ago about removing dock rash and
tire marks from my hull. The suggestion to use gas was awesome and now
my boat looks great.

Yesterday we went out on the boat and my wife brought a bag of bread
for the ducks. Unfortunately the ink from the bag now shows the bread
ingrediance on my vinyl seats (you can actually read it on the seats
now). What can I use to clean this? I have the 303 product but it
doesn't seem to really get deep into the vinyl. I'm worried about
using anything too harsh because I don't want to dry the vinyl out.

I use Leather Cleaner cloths you find at NAPA.

Over the years I've been sensitive to the cautions of cleaning vinyl with
strong cleansers, based on reports that they tend to dry the vinyl out.
However, I have, on occasion, used cleaners not recommended for vinyl with
no apparent bad results. I am thinking it's more a case of using them on a
regular basis that causes problems.

Those "Mr. Clean" white cleaner sponges or whatever they are ..... are
amazing in terms of what they will remove.
If all else fails, I'd be inclined to try one on the ink.

Eisboch

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I didn't think of those - use one on some bluefish blood stains and it
worked great.

On Jul 14, 3:27*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

Over the years I've been sensitive to the cautions of cleaning vinyl with
strong cleansers, based on reports that they tend to dry the vinyl out.
However, I have, on occasion, used cleaners not recommended for vinyl with
no apparent bad results. *I am thinking it's more a case of using them on a
regular basis that causes problems.

Ok, how about this. What about using bleech (this section is white)
but then immediately following it up with 303 protectant?

-Robert

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:56:49 -0700 (PDT), "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Jul 14, 3:27*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

Over the years I've been sensitive to the cautions of cleaning vinyl with
strong cleansers, based on reports that they tend to dry the vinyl out.
However, I have, on occasion, used cleaners not recommended for vinyl with
no apparent bad results. *I am thinking it's more a case of using them on a
regular basis that causes problems.

Ok, how about this. What about using bleech (this section is white)
but then immediately following it up with 303 protectant?

A safe solution of bleach and water - such as 5% bleach to water will
do it.

It also kind of depends on the age of the vinyl as it will become
porus over time.

I still think those leather conditioning wipes will do the trick -
they worked on my pickup after my Border Collie bled all over the
passenger seat when the vet clipped one of her toenails too close.

vinyl restoration [email protected] General 1 October 24th 07 03:45 AM
Removing Vinyl? cavelamb Cruising 5 June 7th 06 05:56 PM
Dr. Vinyl JimH General 1 February 18th 06 04:10 PM
Dr. Vinyl JimH General 8 January 15th 06 01:57 AM