Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Loading up the boat -- swapping the prop...

Due to mis communication with da-wife; I have a mild assortment of props to
choose from.

Normaly I run a 19x14.5 prop (350 ci carb engine -- 22' cuddy) with no cargo &
2 people; this does "perfect".

with 4 people; I can't quite make WOT RPM
This weekend we're taking a trip to the San Juan Islands with 2 other people (4
total) and kris & I are camping on the boat (lots of cargo)

I have an 18x15 on it now and it did OK with 4 people this past weekend for
"Tall Ships Tacoma".

Before we take off -- I plan on swapping out the prop before the trip but want
to avoid a mid-trip swap if I choose poorly....

I have the following props to choose from:

19x14.5 3 blade (I know this will not be good)
18x15 3 blade (Good with 4 people, but unknown about lots of cargo)
18x14.5 4 blade
17x15.5 3 blade

I'm tempted to do the 4 blade and hope -- but I'm thinking with the added load
of lots of gear -- the 17 might be the best choice.

Any thoughts?

Boat loading tips? Tony Jai General 5 May 17th 04 05:40 PM
Serious problem in Loading the boat back on Trailer R3ALLY NEWBIE General 6 September 6th 03 07:31 AM