HK HK is offline

Default Against My Better Judgement..............

BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 6, 6:38 pm, JimH wrote:
........friends of ours convinced us to take the boat out today. We
did and never saw so many aholes out on the water. Even our normally
secluded swimming hole was abuzz with the aholes and jetskiers.

Made it back safe and sound despite folks clogging up the river and
gas docks by not knowing how to maneuver their boats......reminded me
of a member here and his difficulties handling his new 18 foot boat..

Heading out tomorrow for Kelleys Island as things will return to
normal tomorrow.

PS: I see the Team Wrecked.Boats spent the afternoon here talking
about Chucks place and whining. Too funny.

Not me, I spent the day at the track watching the mouse, and being
just as respectful to the new riders, as they were to us when we were
new.. Not bitching and thinking I was better than them and they should
get our of my way, like some assholes here....

Well, I'm glad your kid didn't get seriously injured. Motorcycle
racing is very much like parachuting: the more you do it, the more
likely you are going to have a serious accident.

Really? I've made 1700 jumps all non-military and the worst thing
that every happened to me was I broke my left thumb. Hell, I never
had to ride my reserve.

There's still hope, hey?

No more skydiving for me, back problems now.

My sole purpose in life now is to expose your lies.

Losers like you don't have a purpose in life.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 18:14:13 -0700 (PDT), JimH
wrote:

On Jul 6, 9:11 pm, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 6, 6:38 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

Try to get life insurance while telling them you sky dive for fun.

Man, you just can't help it can you?

"Full coverage as a skydiver means you will pay what is called a “flat
extra” charge, an additional amount per thousand dollars of coverage
per year. This will be an additional charge added to what your life
insurance would cost if you didn’t do “Dangerous things”. The majority
of companies charge a flat extra of $2.50 to $3.00 per thousand for
recreational sky divers. So, on $100,000 you would pay $250 to $300
extra per year to be covered. One company really tries to paint you
into a box with this breakout “If 50 or less jumps per year tentative
$3.00 per $1,000 flat extra. If 51-100 jumps per year tentative $5.00
per $1,000 flat extra. If 101-200 jumps per year tentative $7.50 per
$1,000. If over 200 jumps per year tentative $10.00 per $1,000 extra”.
Essentially the more exposure the higher the cost."

http://hinermangroup.com/blog/category/skydiving/

Bingo! Give that man a prize. I paid $3 per $1000 of insured value with
about 250 to 300 jumps per year. Get a whole life policy and you can do
just about anything involving risk and they will cover you for the rest
of your life. One of the things that made it easy for me to go through
underwriting was that I was a skydiving instructor and that I taught 2
to 3 first jump courses a month. This kept me proficient in emergency
procedures in their eyes.

On Jul 6, 10:33*pm, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 6, 6:38 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

Your sole purpose in life?

Wow, You need to get a life.

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:33:18 -0700 (PDT), JimH
wrote:

On Jul 6, 10:27?pm, JimH wrote:
On Jul 6, 10:24?pm, Vic Smith wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 02:12:43 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

"Full coverage as a skydiver means you will pay what is called a ?flat
extra? charge, an additional amount per thousand dollars of coverage
per year. This will be an additional charge added to what your life
insurance would cost if you didn?t do ?Dangerous things?. The majority
of companies charge a flat extra of $2.50 to $3.00 per thousand for
recreational sky divers. So, on $100,000 you would pay $250 to $300
extra per year to be covered. One company really tries to paint you
into a box with this breakout ?If 50 or less jumps per year tentative
$3.00 per $1,000 flat extra. If 51-100 jumps per year tentative $5.00
per $1,000 flat extra. If 101-200 jumps per year tentative $7.50 per
$1,000. If over 200 jumps per year tentative $10.00 per $1,000 extra?.
Essentially the more exposure the higher the cost."

http://hinermangroup.com/blog/category/skydiving/

I was paying about an extra $1100 a year for my life insurance when I
was working. ?400 g policy. ?Smoker.
Hey, what if I had a butt in my mouth while free-falling?
Probably get sparks in my eye or smoke in my nose.
Anyway, sounds about the same extra premium for "dangerous conduct."

--Vic

A dynamite manufacturing company can be insured..............it is all
a matter of premium for the risk.

BTW: Premium in insurance speak equates to price in regular person
speak. ;-)

Why, yes, it does. And come to think of it, that's why we called the
big data files containing payments from policy holders - which I was
often in charge of processing - at those big insurance companies I
spent many years working for - "Premiums."
Thanks for reminding me. BTW, the other end is called "Claims."
By the grace of God, that's all I remember.

--Vic

wrote:

On Jul 6, 9:11 pm, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 6, 6:38 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

Well, my 62nd is coming up in a couple of weeks and as we talked about
when we had lunch - I'm going to finish off with 150. I had
originally planned to do this back when I was still working as I had
planned on retiring at 62.

These will be my last and I had to buy a rider for my insurance for
the three jumps to make it there - 148/149 with the instructor and 150
on my own.

And that's is - no more. :)

JimH wrote:
On Jul 6, 9:11 pm, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 6, 6:38 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

It really is very easy, not hard at all.

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..

No more skydiving for me, back problems now.

My sole purpose in life now is to expose your lies.

Does JohnnyH know you're disobeying his "ignore them" rules?

BAR wrote:

Really? I've made 1700 jumps all non-military and the worst thing that
every happened to me was I broke my left thumb. Hell, I never had to
ride my reserve.

Well don't stop now...

"JimH" wrote in message
........friends of ours convinced us to take the boat out today. We
did and never saw so many aholes out on the water. Even our normally
secluded swimming hole was abuzz with the aholes and jetskiers.

Made it back safe and sound despite folks clogging up the river and
gas docks by not knowing how to maneuver their boats......reminded me
of a member here and his difficulties handling his new 18 foot boat..

Heading out tomorrow for Kelleys Island as things will return to
normal tomorrow.

PS: I see the Team Wrecked.Boats spent the afternoon here talking
about Chucks place and whining. Too funny.

sounds like you are self centered in your boating. I am retired, so do not
go out most weekends. Especially a 3 day weekend on the go home day. We
went to the Alameda County Fair. Ate Funnel Cake, Cinnamon Bun, looked at
the animals, looked at the commercial sales buildings. Not nearly as good
stuff as years ago. Entertainment was Steve Holy. Good CW singer.

Jim Jim is offline

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 6, 6:38 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

Harry AKA WAFA doesn't have a sympathetic bone in his body. He got his two
wheeling experience on a Segway. He wouldn't have the balls to jump out of a
plane. His actuarial knowledge is non existent. Does that pretty much cover
the merits of his comments?