Default Performance profile...

Did something interesting today - I had the dealer pull my performance
profile from the ETEC EMM just to see what it looked like and if it
matched my impression of how I use the boat.

Turns out, I was pretty close.

The max engine RPM on the engine is 5308.

Time at differing RPMs.

0-500 - 20.2%
500-1000 - 26.0%
1000-1500 - 14.2%
1500-2000 - 4.8%
2000-2500 - 1.7%
2500-3000 - 1.4%
3000-3500 - 3.8%
3500-4000 - 21.2%
4000-4500 - 3.9%
4500-5000 - 2.1%
5000-5500 - .9%

I can narrow that down a little - 500-1000 rpm is trolling speed which
is about 650 rpm - dead idle is 500 rpm.

1000-1500 rpm is actually time at 1200 rpm - time getting away from
the ramp, no wake zones, launch and recovery.

3500 - 4000 rpm is cruise - depending on wate conditions - 32/35 mph.

The rest is fairly transitory time and the occasional full throttle
run.

Comparing my fuel flow gage to the RPM chart, it turns out that the
500-1000 rpm scale doesn't even register - which means - well I don't
know that that means because it's supposedly accurate to .2 gph.

Averaging the fuel flow across the rpm band pretty much matched my
jack lef observations - I was quite pleased.

If you guys have EMM engine control, have 'em pull your profile - it's
pretty interesting.

If you guys have EMM engine control, have 'em pull your profile - it's
pretty interesting.

That's an interesting capability. I wonder if that record is just for the past
"X-number of hours", or if it goes back to birth of the engine.

Hans/MN
--

Come sit by the fire and warm your bones. Share a bracing drink and a few tales.
"The wind was picking up, the bite was cold, my hands were numb, nose was

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 03:39:13 -0000, "KØHB"
wrote:

If you guys have EMM engine control, have 'em pull your profile - it's
pretty interesting.

That's an interesting capability. I wonder if that record is just for the past
"X-number of hours", or if it goes back to birth of the engine.

On my ETEC, everything is stored - the only way the engine info can be
wiped is if you have a new EMM installed for whatever reason. My
history goes back to 2006 when I bought the engine.

Very cool.
HK HK is offline

wrote:

If you guys have EMM engine control, have 'em pull your profile - it's
pretty interesting.

That's an interesting capability. I wonder if that record is just for the past
"X-number of hours", or if it goes back to birth of the engine.

On my ETEC, everything is stored - the only way the engine info can be
wiped is if you have a new EMM installed for whatever reason. My
history goes back to 2006 when I bought the engine.

Very cool.

Is this something new to you boys? My Merc Opti of 2000 or 2001 or so
stored the same sort of information.

wrote:

If you guys have EMM engine control, have 'em pull your profile - it's
pretty interesting.
That's an interesting capability. I wonder if that record is just for the past
"X-number of hours", or if it goes back to birth of the engine.

On my ETEC, everything is stored - the only way the engine info can be
wiped is if you have a new EMM installed for whatever reason. My
history goes back to 2006 when I bought the engine.

Very cool.

Is this something new to you boys? My Merc Opti of 2000 or 2001 or so
stored the same sort of information.

Not at all - it was just a fun exercise and something that I've never
done before - never thought of it actually.

wrote:

If you guys have EMM engine control, have 'em pull your profile - it's
pretty interesting.
That's an interesting capability. *I wonder if that record is just for the past
"X-number of hours", or if it goes back to birth of the engine.

On my ETEC, everything is stored - the only way the engine info can be
wiped is if you have a new EMM installed for whatever reason. *My
history goes back to 2006 when I bought the engine.

Very cool.

Is this something new to you boys? My Merc Opti of 2000 or 2001 or so
stored the same sort of information.

Not at all - it was just a fun exercise and something that I've never
done before - never thought of it actually.- Hide quoted text -

Don't feed the trolls!

wrote:

If you guys have EMM engine control, have 'em pull your profile - it's
pretty interesting.
That's an interesting capability. I wonder if that record is just for the past
"X-number of hours", or if it goes back to birth of the engine.
On my ETEC, everything is stored - the only way the engine info can be
wiped is if you have a new EMM installed for whatever reason. My
history goes back to 2006 when I bought the engine.

Very cool.

Is this something new to you boys? My Merc Opti of 2000 or 2001 or so
stored the same sort of information.

Not at all - it was just a fun exercise and something that I've never
done before - never thought of it actually.

The first time I bought my Opti in for service, the tech at the
dealership was hooking up the diagnostic box or the readout box,
whatever the hell it was, and he showed me how much time I had spent at
various RPMs. With my current engine, I spend most of the time between
3000 and 3800 rpm, but under 1000 rpm is probably second.

If you guys have EMM engine control, have 'em pull your profile - it's
pretty interesting.

I bought the diagnostic kit (cables and software), and check mine at the end
of each season. The info is interesting to say the least... sometimes
surprising.

--Mike

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:37:28 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

I bought the diagnostic kit (cables and software), and check mine at the end
of each season. The info is interesting to say the least... sometimes
surprising.

I have the cables and software too, but I don't intend to use them for
anything unless I absoutely have to. :)

Profile in Cowardice Skipper General 4 February 16th 06 02:38 AM
Real Profile of Courage Capt. Rob ASA 0 January 15th 06 04:46 PM
Performance coach and performance enhancing drugs... Allan Bennett UK Paddle 6 October 15th 05 08:25 PM
Pilothouse Profile; Thom Stewart ASA 6 February 24th 05 01:31 AM
NACA Profile Irfan Boat Building 0 April 27th 04 05:00 PM