Default Engine trouble

It did it again (no power at low rpm until 3,400 rpm) :-(

I noticed the engine would start with just either the top or center
cylinder plug connected but not the lower cylinder plug connected. I
swapped the lower cylinder plug with the top cylinder one and it still
wouldn't start with the lower cylinder only so I know if wasn't a foul
plug. I swapped the center and lower coil (and wires as well so the
timing was still ok )and same thing, the center plug was working with
the lower coil but not the lower plug with the center coil so again, I
deducted the coils are ok. Only one thing left... The electronic
module :-(

With my problem with the voltage regulator and the now the electronic
module, the boat is in the shop for a checkup :-(

On Jul 2, 7:35 pm, Larry wrote:
wrote in news:faae4fbf-1ea6-4c84-973a-ad94923186e7
@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

With my problem with the voltage regulator and the now the electronic
module, the boat is in the shop for a checkup :-(

Good idea....Towing is much more expensive than spark plugs and
coils....and ECMs.

Well, if the shop charges me an arm and a leg for a switchbox, lucky
for me, I found a web site that carries them

http://www.maxrules.com/fixmercelectric2.html#1147778

for just $180.

trouble starting engine when solar panels are working tom Cruising 23 May 9th 08 12:24 AM
Engine trouble the other day on my boat. - rta96c_crank.jpg joevan[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 8 February 14th 08 09:30 PM
trouble starting engine timW Cruising 8 September 28th 07 04:50 PM
Trouble Starting engine richard Cruising 11 June 5th 05 05:58 PM
1986 - 50 HP Mercury Engine Trouble Mark the shade tree guy General 5 May 11th 05 04:28 PM