Default More on National Fishery Registry....

Well, I had a very productive conversation with Mike Bucko who is one
of the New England representatives and part of the overall process.

Apparently, the states that have current licensening systems will have
to adjust to the NOAA standard - that's a no debate issue apparently.

Which means that, according to mandate, ALL people who fish in salt
water will be required to obtain a license and/or permit.

Further, the one license/permits for multiple passengers (commonly
called a "boat license") that states like Maryland and Virginia have
will not comply with the licensing/permitting system - all passengers
will be required to have a license permit and be registered with the
system - no exceptions.

And, this is interesting, there is no debate allowed - NOAA has formed
the system and has tested it in the Gulf states, deemed it fit with
some minor tweaking and while they have some patience with the states
involved, they will impose the registry at the end of 2009 - not 2011
as some have stated.

Oh well.

[...]

Time to move to Canada.
We usually do copy the US but there's a 10 year time lag.

On Jun 17, 9:01*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in messagenews:8jig541a6jiilonh9kdjpo589nveilrisl@4ax .com...

[...]

Speaking of Canada............we are now seeing an influx of Canadian
Soldiers.

They attack us every year and we are getting tired of it. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayfly

http://www.northcountrytrail.org/news/mayfly1.htm
Senior Member

On Jun 17, 7:42*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
[...]

Well, you know me.. I pretty much trust what the CT DEP does.. There
are as many if not more and better fish now than when I was a kid, and
probably 20 times as much pressure on said population.. Someone is
doing something right.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:01:23 -0300, "Don White"

.. .
[...]

I'd probably be in trouble with your HRC within thirty seconds of
crossing the border. :)

I'd probably be in trouble with your HRC within thirty seconds of
crossing the border. :)

HRC? Human Rights Commission?
maybe Fish Rights Commission...I could see that.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:36:58 -0700, "Calif Bill"

.. .
[...]

The states have the right to collect the fees. :)

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
States Rights?

The states have the right to collect the fees. :)

But the license still works only in the one state, right? In other
words, you still have to buy the license in every state you fish in?

PhantMan wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
States Rights?

The states have the right to collect the fees. :)

But the license still works only in the one state, right? In other
words, you still have to buy the license in every state you fish in?

And each state still gets to set its own non-resident fee level,
right?