Default Need advice

Hi- hope you folks will give me some much needed advice. Special
ordered a new swee****er pontoon boat several years ago- all the bells
and whistles- Fast forward to today---divorce left me with peace of
mind- but no boat--lol.
I am in the market once again- not for a spouse, but for a new pontoon
boat--.
I would like a good quality name of pontoon boat- I would like a boat
with fiberglass seating and flooring that is not carpeted. I would
like a good 90hp outboard engine.
What company makes a great quality float boat - that can be used for
pleasure and fishing.
Guys- please help. I live in Myrtle Beach SC and want this boat for
the intracoastal waterway etc.
In my opinion, when I want a padded seat, I can place a good cushion
on there- otherwise- I want something that will withstand the elements
and not looking for the glamour. I suppose there is a particular
company that makes this- but I have yet to find it. Thanks for all
helo

--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.BoatingForumz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.BoatingForumz.com/advice-ftopict99527.html

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:22:18 -0500, dinker wrote:

I would like a good quality name of pontoon boat- I would like a boat
with fiberglass seating and flooring that is not carpeted.

http://www.godfreymarine.com/

I would like a good 90hp outboard engine.

Evinrude ETEC 90 hp.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:22:18 -0500, dinker wrote:

I would like a good quality name of pontoon boat- I would like a boat
with fiberglass seating and flooring that is not carpeted.

http://www.godfreymarine.com/

I would like a good 90hp outboard engine.

Evinrude ETEC 90 hp.

Is that the engine that has had all the problems, ie blowing up and
killing everyone on board?
HK HK is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:22:18 -0500, dinker wrote:

I would like a good quality name of pontoon boat- I would like a boat
with fiberglass seating and flooring that is not carpeted.

http://www.godfreymarine.com/

I would like a good 90hp outboard engine.

Evinrude ETEC 90 hp.

Is that the engine that has had all the problems, ie blowing up and
killing everyone on board?

Is this sort of snarky stupidity on your part, "reggie," really necessary?

HK wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:22:18 -0500, dinker wrote:

I would like a good quality name of pontoon boat- I would like a boat
with fiberglass seating and flooring that is not carpeted.

http://www.godfreymarine.com/

I would like a good 90hp outboard engine.

Evinrude ETEC 90 hp.

Is that the engine that has had all the problems, ie blowing up and
killing everyone on board?

Is this sort of snarky stupidity on your part, "reggie," really necessary?

No, it was not a snarky remark, it was a very cute humorous remark.
Everyone knows the ETEC is a great engine, with a higher power/torgue
ratio and better fuel efficiency than the overweight and bloated 4 cycle
Yamaha engines.

The humorous comment was directed to SWS not to you. I am sorry it
offended you.

On Jun 12, 7:50*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
HK wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:22:18 -0500, dinker wrote:

I would like a good quality name of pontoon boat- I would like a boat
with fiberglass seating and flooring that is not carpeted.

http://www.godfreymarine.com/

I would like a good 90hp outboard engine.

Evinrude ETEC 90 hp.

Is that the engine that has had all the problems, ie blowing up and
killing everyone on board?

Is this sort of snarky stupidity on your part, "reggie," really necessary?

No, it was not a snarky remark, it was a very cute humorous remark.
Everyone knows the ETEC is a great engine, with a higher power/torgue
ratio and better fuel efficiency than the overweight and bloated 4 cycle
Yamaha engines.

The humorous comment was directed to SWS not to you. *I am sorry it
offended you.- Hide quoted text -

In his quest to become part of the group once more, this particular
stooge has been ignored so much that he's now resorted to interjecting
his tripe and hate into other's conversations. Ignore him.
HK HK is offline

HK wrote:
[...]

Ever the useless asshole here, aren't you, Reggie?

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:50:02 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
"Reggie is Here wrote:

No, it was not a snarky remark, it was a very cute humorous remark.
Everyone knows the ETEC is a great engine, with a higher power/torgue
ratio and better fuel efficiency than the overweight and bloated 4 cycle
Yamaha engines.

The humorous comment was directed to SWS not to you. I am sorry it
offended you.

Those of us who have been around a while surely caught the intended
humor. My concern is that the original poster is a newbie here and
may very well be shaking his head in confusion.

As an FYI to the OP, one of our resident experts on pontoon boats is
"gfretwell" from south Florida. Regarding outboards, any of the
leading brands will probably serve you well. Take a look at what
other people in your area are using and ask around about quality of
dealer service. For what it's worth, 2 strokes have better low end
torque than 4 strokes, are usually lighter and easier to service. 4
strokes are quieter and require no mixing or injection of oil with the
fuel.

"Reggie is Here wrote:

HK wrote:
[...]

It didn't offend me - I know it was funny, but funny about 50 posts in
when Harry starts whining about his Yamaha being this, that and the
other thing and we start beating each other up. :)

The guy is a newbie remember - he's not up for the verbal jousting
required by the Yamaha/Evinrude duel between me and Harry. :)
DK DK is offline

HK wrote:
[...]

Don't respond to the asshole. Your remark was typical of his over the
years - despite the fact that you were kidding. He's simply trolling
for attention now.

Advice Short Wave Sportfishing General 0 September 19th 07 11:06 AM
GPS Advice Bub Touring 11 June 24th 05 03:46 AM
GPS Advice Tom General 7 January 20th 05 07:47 PM
Dp-advice marklan General 1 May 14th 04 02:07 AM
Prop Size - Advice on Advice? Lloyd Sumpter General 8 December 31st 03 03:17 AM