Ted Ted is offline

Default Trailering shorts a fuse; how to trouble shoot?

I bought a boat/trailer last year. The first time I put the boat in the
water a fuse blew. My dealer said it was a lousy hitch installation and I
had to have him replace it. The hitch installer said everything was done
properly. I figured something shorted when it got wet, so the second time I
disconnected the electrical before putting it in the water. It was okay.

Yesterday it blew the fuse before getting to the water. Argh. (92 and the
A/C went out, as did the speedometer...)

I presume something is shorted on the trailer. Any suggestions for
troubleshooting it?

Jim Jim is offline

"Ted" wrote in message
I bought a boat/trailer last year. The first time I put the boat in the
water a fuse blew. My dealer said it was a lousy hitch installation and I
had to have him replace it. The hitch installer said everything was done
properly. I figured something shorted when it got wet, so the second time
I disconnected the electrical before putting it in the water. It was okay.

Yesterday it blew the fuse before getting to the water. Argh. (92 and the
A/C went out, as did the speedometer...)

I presume something is shorted on the trailer. Any suggestions for
troubleshooting it?

Something is miswired in your tow vehicle. The AC fuse shouldn't blow. The
trailer may also be miswired

"Ted" wrote in message

I may be wrong in thinking this way .... You were backing it into the water
so the only thing that would be on is the brake lights so I would focus on
that wiring first.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 7, 3:16*pm, "Phil" wrote:
"Ted" wrote in message

*I may be wrong in thinking this way .... You were backing it into the water
so the only thing that would be on is the brake lights so I would focus on
that wiring first.

Or you have a leak in a receptical and it caused a wire to short to
ground when the water hit it. It's happened many times. You may still
have water in behind the lense. If so, with it jossling around it can
still short out hwen you hit the brakes. before I installed a new wire
kit on my small trailer, I'd hit the bakes and it would take out the
fuse to the rear lights on the car, the radio and cigarette lighter
(both on the same fuse) and also the cruise control and horn (also
both on the same fuse.)

amazing things can happen to cause a ripple effect.

"Ted" wrote in message

Yesterday it blew the fuse before getting to the water. Argh. (92 and the

92 deg. Are you in Florida? Been a while since I've
been on a boat, hint , hint.

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 15:26:00 -0500, "Phil" wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message

Yesterday it blew the fuse before getting to the water. Argh. (92 and the

92 deg. Are you in Florida? Been a while since I've
been on a boat, hint , hint.

Phil, It's right close to 100F here, in Alexandria, VA.
--
John *H*
HK HK is offline

Phil wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message

Yesterday it blew the fuse before getting to the water. Argh. (92 and
the

92 deg. Are you in Florida? Been a while since I've
been on a boat, hint , hint.

If you want a nice boat ride, Phil, I'm heading out tomorrow morning.
It's going to be hot as hades here, but we can make it cooler. I'm on
Chesapeake Bay, on the western shore. If you are nearby, send me an email.

On Jun 7, 3:40*pm, HK wrote:
Phil wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message

Yesterday it blew the fuse before getting to the water. *Argh. (92 and
the

* * * * * * * * * *92 deg. *Are you in Florida? *Been a while since I've
been on a boat, hint , hint.

If you want a nice boat ride, Phil, I'm heading out tomorrow morning.
It's going to be hot as hades here, but we can make it cooler. I'm on
Chesapeake Bay, on the western shore. If you are nearby, send me an email.

Phil: Be very, very careful with this individual. It would be time
well spent to do a search of his past newsgroup posts. Acceptance of
an invitation from him could be dangerous.
HK HK is offline

camacdonaldiii wrote:
On Jun 7, 3:40 pm, HK wrote:
Phil wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message
Yesterday it blew the fuse before getting to the water. Argh. (92 and
the
92 deg. Are you in Florida? Been a while since I've
been on a boat, hint , hint.

If you want a nice boat ride, Phil, I'm heading out tomorrow morning.
It's going to be hot as hades here, but we can make it cooler. I'm on
Chesapeake Bay, on the western shore. If you are nearby, send me an email.

Phil: Be very, very careful with this individual. It would be time
well spent to do a search of his past newsgroup posts. Acceptance of
an invitation from him could be dangerous.

Ahh..."cam" Another rec.boats retardo...

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 22:20:37 -0400, HK wrote:

Ahh..."cam" Another rec.boats retardo...

One of the ****-for-brains google groupers....
Please see:
http://improve-usenet.org/

google -- "Do no evil?"

240 v fuse-12v fuse switch problem MEC Electronics 4 December 22nd 06 10:21 AM
I took it in the shorts from my State today.... [email protected] General 18 July 1st 06 05:00 AM
swim shorts vinnie General 17 July 21st 04 07:29 PM
Good surf/swim shorts to buy? [email protected] Touring 3 June 23rd 04 02:00 PM
Good surf/swim shorts to buy? [email protected] General 0 June 22nd 04 08:45 PM