Default Ping: Calif Bill

Hey, how's the wife's shingles? I know they put my aunt way down for
quite awhile, hope your wife's isn't as bad.

Default Calif Bill

wrote in message
Hey, how's the wife's shingles? I know they put my aunt way down for
quite awhile, hope your wife's isn't as bad.

Much better, but still painful at times.

On May 29, 3:05*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
wrote in message

Hey, how's the wife's shingles? I know they put my aunt way down for
quite awhile, hope your wife's isn't as bad.

Much better, but still painful at times.

Good to hear she's on the mend. I'm sure that things have come along
way in treating it than 30 years ago when my aunt had it.

wrote in message

Hey, how's the wife's shingles? I know they put my aunt way down for
quite awhile, hope your wife's isn't as bad.

Much better, but still painful at times.

Good to hear she's on the mend. I'm sure that things have come along
way in treating it than 30 years ago when my aunt had it.

Not really, unless you take the anti-viral meds in the first 48 hours, you
just have to tough it out. There are vacinations available for shingles.

Senior Member

wrote in message

Hey, how's the wife's shingles? I know they put my aunt way down for
quite awhile, hope your wife's isn't as bad.

Much better, but still painful at times.

Good to hear she's on the mend. I'm sure that things have come along
way in treating it than 30 years ago when my aunt had it.

Not too much better. I know an older widow who got it last year. She
had it real bad and they had to put her on Oxycontin (sp? wicked
addictive pain killer, basically, dope) after a couple of weeks she
decided she did not want to be "beside herself" anymore so without
warning, came off the drug. Long story short, she thought she was
having a heart attack and called ems.. Turned out is was just pain
mixed with withdrawl from the drug. She was in hell for almost two
months.. I felt bad but of course nothing else you can do. So it's
either severe pain, or zombie... either one sucks...

Ping: Calif Bill [email protected] General 2 January 14th 08 07:13 PM
Ping: Calif Bill [email protected] General 16 November 6th 07 07:43 AM
Ping: Calif Bill ( Loafer Creek) Bryan General 1 August 29th 06 06:17 AM
Ping: Calif Bill basskisser General 2 April 28th 06 01:04 PM
Ping: Calif Bill JimH General 5 February 23rd 06 09:04 PM