Tim Tim is offline

Default Where to advertize boat for sale?

On May 28, 8:31*pm, Larry wrote:
"Joe" wrote in news:43l%j.7003$772.3412
@bignews2.bellsouth.net:

What web site would you suggest to advertize a 1995 Proline 2950 in the
Biloxi, Ms. area?

Thanks,

Joe

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/

Be sure to keep a copy of your SHORT add in Notebook .txt format so every 3
days you can enter it again. *The list runs day by day from the newest to
the oldest and re-entering it refreshes your position.

Craig's List is the greatest place to sell ANYTHING except for E-bay, which
isn't appropriate for something you can't ship to Timbuktu.

Then, you need to think about that awful condition of the economy, awful
gas prices it drinks like a fish and price it low enough someone will
overlook those terrible conditions and want to buy it......a real challenge
in 2008!

Boats are hard to sell. *Ask any dealer this spring who isn't a total liar.

Look on ebay and you're see that boats are bringing a good dollar.
actually better now then when fuel was $2.00 a gal., two years ago.I
suppose people are getting used to the idea that they're going to
burn their wallet on fuel one way or another.so they're still buying
used boats and paying good for them.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 29, 9:18*am, "Joe" wrote:
Thanks for the tips, guys.

I'm sure I'm going to take a beating in todays market, but fuel prices has
taken the fun (and use) out of it.

Thaanks again,

Joe

"JimH" wrote in message

:

[...]

I'd suggest the newspaper also, that's where I found the one I bought..
When
I sold my pickup, I got about ten times the calls from the Washington
Post
ad as I got from Craigslist.
--
John *H*

Perhaps, but your suggestion may be a bit outdated.

The net is where it's at. *Newspapers are losing customers at an
alarming rate because of what the net now offers for free.

I would not waste my money on newspaper advertising when you can get
it broadcast to a wider audience on the net for
free.............specifically on Craigslist and other free on line for
sale services.

If you were to buy a boat today.........what media would you use today?

edit

alarming...........not arising- Hide quoted text -

Another outlet is www.boatcrazy.com

But it's more of a midwestern site and don't know if you'd have good
coverage in your area.

BOAT 4 SALE NICK Electronics 0 November 28th 05 07:54 PM
Boat For Sale : Fletcher 19 GTS Sports Cruiser for sale David G Cruising 1 October 7th 04 12:05 AM
BOAT FOR SALE chuck General 2 November 7th 03 04:35 AM
BOAT FOR SALE Okcjailer4 Cruising 0 October 2nd 03 12:54 AM