Joe Joe is offline

Default Where to advertize boat for sale?

What web site would you suggest to advertize a 1995 Proline 2950 in the
Biloxi, Ms. area?

Thanks,

Joe

On May 28, 6:33 pm, "Joe" wrote:
What web site would you suggest to advertize a 1995 Proline 2950 in the
Biloxi, Ms. area?

Thanks,

Joe

Craigs list, Biloxi, MS specific.

"Joe" wrote in news:43l%j.7003$772.3412
@bignews2.bellsouth.net:

What web site would you suggest to advertize a 1995 Proline 2950 in the
Biloxi, Ms. area?

Thanks,

Joe

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/

Be sure to keep a copy of your SHORT add in Notebook .txt format so every 3
days you can enter it again. The list runs day by day from the newest to
the oldest and re-entering it refreshes your position.

Craig's List is the greatest place to sell ANYTHING except for E-bay, which
isn't appropriate for something you can't ship to Timbuktu.

Then, you need to think about that awful condition of the economy, awful
gas prices it drinks like a fish and price it low enough someone will
overlook those terrible conditions and want to buy it......a real challenge
in 2008!

Boats are hard to sell. Ask any dealer this spring who isn't a total liar.

:

[...]

I'd suggest the newspaper also, that's where I found the one I bought. When
I sold my pickup, I got about ten times the calls from the Washington Post
ad as I got from Craigslist.
--
John *H*

On May 28, 9:40 pm, John H. wrote:
[...]

Perhaps, but your suggestion may be a bit outdated.

The net is where it's at. Newspapers are losing customers at an
arising rate because of what the net now offers for free.

I would not waste my money on newspaper advertising when you can get
it broadcast to a wider audience on the net for
free.............specifically on Craigslist and other free on line for
sale services.

If you were to buy a boat today.........what media would you use today?

On May 28, 9:57 pm, JimH wrote:
On May 28, 9:40 pm, John H. wrote:

[...]

alarming rate because of what the net now offers for free.

I would not waste my money on newspaper advertising when you can get
it broadcast to a wider audience on the net for
free.............specifically on Craigslist and other free on line for
sale services.

If you were to buy a boat today.........what media would you use today?

edit

alarming...........not arising
Joe Joe is offline

Thanks for the tips, guys.

I'm sure I'm going to take a beating in todays market, but fuel prices has
taken the fun (and use) out of it.

Thaanks again,

Joe

"JimH" wrote in message
On May 28, 9:57 pm, JimH wrote:

[...]

Try this: http://www.boattraderonline.com. A couple of years ago, when
it was a lot easier to sell a boat, I sold a 1999 Sailfish 198 Center
Console through that site. I'm not sure, but I think the ad cost about
$30. Don't know what it costs today. Had pretty good response to the
ad, and it sold in about a month.

On May 29, 3:28 pm, bw-fl wrote:
Try this:http://www.boattraderonline.com. A couple of years ago, when
it was a lot easier to sell a boat, I sold a 1999 Sailfish 198 Center
Console through that site. I'm not sure, but I think the ad cost about
$30. Don't know what it costs today. Had pretty good response to the
ad, and it sold in about a month.

Certainly a better value with a larger boat buying audience than
listing in a local newspaper. Good suggestion! ;-)

We've had ours listed on www.boattraderonline.com and have gotten a
few calls/emails but no genuine interest. It's a tough economy to
sell anything that uses gas and is considered recreational. Luckily,
fuel prices seemed to have stabilized for us now (since Memorial Day -
go figure) so hopefully things will start to perk up.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ander-89098747

GDSmith
Harpers Ferry, WV

BOAT 4 SALE NICK Electronics 0 November 28th 05 07:54 PM
Boat For Sale : Fletcher 19 GTS Sports Cruiser for sale David G Cruising 1 October 7th 04 12:05 AM
BOAT FOR SALE chuck General 2 November 7th 03 04:35 AM
BOAT FOR SALE Okcjailer4 Cruising 0 October 2nd 03 12:54 AM