Default 52 Days Until Paddlefest 2008

On Thu, 8 May 2008 11:41:10 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On May 8, 1:51*pm, Tim wrote:
On May 8, 8:28*am, wrote:

On May 8, 8:21*am, John H. wrote:

On Thu, 8 May 2008 05:13:26 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:
On May 7, 8:43*am, wrote:
On May 7, 3:41*am, Garrison Hilliard wrote:

On May 6, 11:28*am, wrote:

New this year – Our Great Ohio River Swim

Thanks to our partners, the new Cincinnati One World Triathlon, you can
participate in our 1/2 mile swim across the Ohio (and back) after you
paddle on Saturday, June 28. You can race or take your sweet time. The Swim
will start at 11:30 am from the Serpentine Wall. You need to register
separately for this event atwww.cincytriathlon.com/register.html

Paddlefest Goes GREEN

We're working hard to make this year's Paddlefest as GREEN as possible.
Check out the steps we are taking to GO GREEN. We'll have more updates
about these initiatives to be more environmentally responsible in future
updates.

http://ohioriverway.org/newsletters/...ewsletter.html

How's about a better address. Great ad for locals, but us out of
towners you are targeting here might get a little confused. I read
Coney Island, OK, New York, then Ohio River, and if falls apart from
there.. What town? Is there a real street address or body of water we
can look up on Google?? Thanks, Scotty- Hide quoted text -

I have no freaking idea... possibly Cincinnati, Ohio, since it's
mentioned several times in the message and many, many times at the
cited website?

http://www.ohioriverway.org/paddlefest/"

p.s. Yeah, the 'net's like that...- Hide quoted text -

Wow, sorry to bother you.. Most folks who come here only once a year
to spam the group...... *oh bother...- Hide quoted text -

The way it's been raining here, I might be doing my own paddlefesting
in my own backyard.

Wife and I were planning a fun cruise on the Potomac. Yesterday the weather
was predicted to be nice. Now it's raining, with thunderstorms predicted
for the afternoon.

Oh well, I guess I'll prune some bushes.

Crap.
--
John *H*- Hide quoted text -

Hell, my wife called me and said that she had went to the nursery and
bought a "bush" to plant. Asked me to plant it when I got home from
softball. I got home, and it was a freakin' Japanese Maple that was
pretty much fully grown with a rootball the size of a small planet!
Digging in the Atlanta area isn't exactly a joyful experience!- Hide quoted text -

Oh gosh!

Pour about *20 gal of water in the spot and let it soak for a few hrs,
then it ought to make digging a lot easier.

So far in the last 48 hrs we've gotten about 5' of rain. Some places
locally have reported about 7.
Plenty soggy around here!- Hide quoted text -

It's a double edged sword! So much clay that you can't hardly stand up
without slipping if you get it too wet. When I put my pool in, I
rented a bobcat to dig the hole, about one hour after they delivered
it, it started raining making the ground slicker than snot! Being
rented, I couldn't stop, so I just slid around and made a hell of a
mess, the guy that came to pick the bobcat up even remarked about the
caked on mud!

Yeah, but aren't Bobcats a kick-ass machine to play with!
--
John *H*

On May 6, 11:28*am, wrote:

[...]

Oh, hell yeah!!! I also rented one of those small track backhoes. It
was fun too, but not as much fun as that bobcat!!
DK DK is offline

wrote:

On May 6, 11:28 am, wrote:
[...]

You dug a pool with a Bobcat? How deep is it?