Default Dinghy

Hi all,

We have an eight foot polyethylene dinghy that was hit by a forklift
during the launching season. The foam inside is exposed. Is there
away to fix this without having to weld the polyethylene back
together?

This is probably not the appropriate newsgroup to post this message to
but when I posted to rec.boats.building I received no answers. If
anyone knows of another newsgroup, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jude

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 02:34:50 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi all,

We have an eight foot polyethylene dinghy that was hit by a forklift
during the launching season. The foam inside is exposed. Is there
away to fix this without having to weld the polyethylene back
together?

This is probably not the appropriate newsgroup to post this message to
but when I posted to rec.boats.building I received no answers. If
anyone knows of another newsgroup, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jude

Jude, if you don't get a response here, you might try

http://boatingforum.proboards91.com/index.cgi?

Don't know where to tell you to post over there, but you might try the
'Lazerette' or 'Down in the Sailbag'. I don't see a specific place for
dinghy questions, or just general boating questions.

Good luck.
--
John *H*

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:47:38 -0400, John H.
wrote:

[...]

Whoops, I looked to closely at the trees. This topic would go in "General
Boating", right at the very top of the site mentioned above.
--
John *H*

wrote in message
Hi all,

We have an eight foot polyethylene dinghy that was hit by a forklift
during the launching season. The foam inside is exposed. Is there
away to fix this without having to weld the polyethylene back
together?

This is probably not the appropriate newsgroup to post this message to
but when I posted to rec.boats.building I received no answers. If
anyone knows of another newsgroup, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jude

Probably weld the boat back together. Go to either a ski shop, or get a
hold of the local car dealer and ask who does the plastic welding on the
dealerships bumpers. I bought a Harbor Freight welder and I could not get
good welds, but was on older solar panels.

Dinghy [email protected] Boat Building 1 May 1st 08 01:12 AM
New Dinghy Capt. Rob ASA 61 May 22nd 06 03:46 AM
The Best Dinghy! Capt. Rob ASA 1 November 11th 05 02:49 AM
Dinghy-Tow Gerald Atkin Cruising 5 June 10th 04 03:49 PM
FS: Dinghy in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 April 11th 04 12:58 AM