Default Paging Mr. Gene K...

Time: Approx: 4pm 4-11-08 ( a couple hours prior to low tide)

Place: New ProCoII boat dock.

Water depth at dockside: 3.2ft

Lee has confirmed that someone in a sailboat got stuck the first
weekend the dock was open but wasn't aware of any trouble since. He
also confirmed that at extreme low tide, the dock is sitting on(in)
the mud.

You have been warned.

db

"D-unit" wrote in message

Time: Approx: 4pm 4-11-08 ( a couple hours prior to low tide)

Place: New ProCoII boat dock.

Water depth at dockside: 3.2ft

Lee has confirmed that someone in a sailboat got stuck the first
weekend the dock was open but wasn't aware of any trouble since. He
also confirmed that at extreme low tide, the dock is sitting on(in)
the mud.

You have been warned.

db

Better get someone in to dredge it to at least six feet at low tide.
The main dock at our summer club was a little better than this. At low tide
we had to take the Mirage in bow first to discharge people/belongings.
Climbing over the bow pulpit and jumping down to the dock got old fast.

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 14, 6:33*pm, Gene Kearns

I wear a tide watch.... I know how important that can be.

A "Tide" Watch?

is there really such a thing?
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Apr 14, 6:33 pm, Gene Kearns
I wear a tide watch.... I know how important that can be.

A "Tide" Watch?

is there really such a thing?

Sure. There are "tide clocks," too.

Here's a tide watch for surfers:

http://surfwatches.stores.yahoo.net/tide20watch.html

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 15, 7:31*am, HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Apr 14, 6:33 pm, Gene Kearns
I wear a tide watch.... I know how important that can be.

A "Tide" Watch?

is there really such a thing?

Sure. There are "tide clocks," too.

Here's a tide watch for surfers:

http://surfwatches.stores.yahoo.net/tide20watch.html

I-B-danged,

honestly, I've never heard of such.

learn something new every day.....

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Tim wrote:
On Apr 14, 6:33 pm, Gene Kearns
I wear a tide watch.... I know how important that can be.

A "Tide" Watch?

is there really such a thing?

Sure. There are "tide clocks," too.

Here's a tide watch for surfers:

http://surfwatches.stores.yahoo.net/tide20watch.html

I have a nice tide clock just inside my homes entry door.
It was presented to me as a retirement gift from my union local for years of
service.... mostly as treasurer.

"Tim" wrote in message
On Apr 14, 6:33 pm, Gene Kearns

I wear a tide watch.... I know how important that can be.

A "Tide" Watch?

is there really such a thing?

Sure is... and very handy on the East Coast with our semidiurnal tides.
Not sure if they work as well on the Pacific coast. (diurnal tides??)
http://www.oberlin.edu/faculty/swojt...t16/sld011.htm

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message . com...
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:06:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|On Apr 14, 6:33 pm, Gene Kearns
|
| I wear a tide watch.... I know how important that can be.
|
|A "Tide" Watch?
|
|is there really such a thing?

Yep! Here's mine..... I opted for the black face....

--

Im having a little trouble seeing here Gene.

:-)

Did I miss something?

db

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 15, 8:26*am, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:06:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|On Apr 14, 6:33*pm, Gene Kearns
|
| I wear a tide watch.... I know how important that can be.
|
|A "Tide" Watch?
|
|is there really such a thing?

Yep! Here's mine..... I opted for the black face....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It must really be a really dark black, Gene, I can't even see it!

?:^)

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message . com...
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:26:21 -0400, Gene Kearns penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:06:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|On Apr 14, 6:33 pm, Gene Kearns
|
| I wear a tide watch.... I know how important that can be.
|
|A "Tide" Watch?
|
|is there really such a thing?

Yep! Here's mine..... I opted for the black face....

That was my stealth watch........ try this:
http://www.pacwave.net/shop-products...tch-a1005.html

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Swuuuueeetttt!

db

Paging Gene Kearns... JohnH General 16 September 4th 06 01:11 AM
Paging Gene Kearns... JoeSpareBedroom General 5 September 3rd 06 04:39 AM
Paging RCE... jps General 0 April 19th 06 07:24 PM
Paging RCE... RCE General 0 April 19th 06 09:53 AM
Paging Don White Don White General 0 March 23rd 06 02:45 AM