Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
matthew siroky

Default 5.7L Mercruiser Carb change?

I currently have a 5.7L Mercruiser inboard in my Malibu ski boat. I bought
it used and it came with the two barrel "mercarb" carburetor. What I am
wondering is what is involved in switching this engine over to a Four barrel
carb ( Probably a Carter AFB or a Holley 4160) and what kind of performance
gains should I expect with the new carb? Do I need a new intake manifold and
if so what type is best?

Any information would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance!

matt