Senior Member

Default Yo Tim, here's one for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1egn...eature=related

Victor Wooten, on bass.
Senior Member

On Mar 15, 2:24*pm, wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1egn...eature=related

Victor Wooten, on bass.

Just can't help myself, here is another one "Victors Jam".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVQEe8OI3zk&NR=1

Frekin' uh, what was I sayin'?
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 15, 1:30*pm, wrote:
On Mar 15, 2:24*pm, wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1egn...eature=related

Victor Wooten, on bass.

Just can't help myself, here is another one "Victors Jam".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVQEe8OI3zk&NR=1

Frekin' uh, what was I sayin'?

I like Vic. and I'm not worthy to stand int he kids shadow when it
comes to playing and technical skills. Of course, I don't live for the
bass 24 hr.s a day like he does either.

But if I may be his critic, One thing about Vic, that really bothers
me is that when he gets into one of his slap happy modes he will then
concentrate on speed rather than tonal deffinition. At that point it
all sounds like mush to me, but the crowd is already wound and
enjoying it.

Now when he does his version of amazing Grace? His work with different
tuning and harmonics is fabulous. A pleasure to watch and listen to.

that said, here's two of the many of my favorite players Jeff Berlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiC5Xc5f7HE

Michael Manring

Fretless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdC2eQCa8Cw

Fretted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js93q...eature=related

wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1egn...eature=related

Victor Wooten, on bass.

Wooten has as much soul as a slice of wonder bread. He's all flash, but not
very musical.

Ron Carter, on the other hand, is a god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZDUE71RpwA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJEY...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v00j3sKLTA0

And Rick Petrone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QO3nNs25E

And Tommy Shannon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX7Y1GQl5w

And Harold Floyd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ40k...eature=related

Wooten needs to grow up.

Senior Member

Ron Carter, on the other hand, is a god.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZDUE...?v=v00j3sKLTA0

And Rick Petrone:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QO3nNs25E

And Tommy Shannon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX7Y1GQl5w

And Harold Floyd:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ40k...eature=related

Wooten needs to grow up.

Well, I thought it was cool, but then I am easily amused

And as to cool, remember what the great David Lee Roth said. "It's not
weather you win or lose that counts, it's how cool you looked while
you played the game."

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 15, 6:48*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Wooten needs to grow up.

"row up?

Tim Tim is offline

Ron Carter, on the other hand, is a god.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZDUE...utube.com/watc...

And Rick Petrone:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QO3nNs25E

And Tommy Shannon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX7Y1GQl5w

And Harold Floyd:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ40k...eature=related

Wooten needs to grow up.

Well, I thought it was cool, but then I am easily amused

And as to cool, remember what the great David Lee Roth said. "It's not
weather you win or lose that counts, it's how cool you looked while
you played the game." - Hide quoted text -

Oh, I think his vids are cool too, and I'm glad you posted them.

Wooten had a deffinate following. I've seen him play with Bella Fleck
and the Flecktones a couple times. The guy is great. Probbly one of
the greatest Upright bassists of the last century, Ray Brown did a
stage trio with Edgar Meyer and Vic who was then just barely 19.
Later, in an interview, Ray said that Vic was one of the most
"dedicated players that will make a name for himself on the electric
bass", or something like that.

I have it on a VCR tape of the Lonsome Pine Special program I racked
off PBS several years ago.

Somebody shaved off a clip from it and posted it. Here he is doing a
duet with Edgar Meyer. This IS cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcKn7W3hmk&NR=1

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1egn...eature=related

Victor Wooten, on bass.

Wooten has as much soul as a slice of wonder bread. He's all flash, but
not
very musical.

Ron Carter, on the other hand, is a
god.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZDUE...?v=v00j3sKLTA0

And Rick Petrone:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QO3nNs25E

And Tommy Shannon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX7Y1GQl5w

And Harold
Floyd:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ40k...eature=related

Wooten needs to grow up.

Well, I thought it was cool, but then I am easily amused

And as to cool, remember what the great David Lee Roth said. "It's not
weather you win or lose that counts, it's how cool you looked while
you played the game."

Actually, David said "whether". Not weather.