HK HK is offline

Default Anyone remember being able...

Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:44:32 -0500, HK wrote:

Do you have to be a snarky ass with every response you post?

Sorry Harry, didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities.

You don't seem to deal very well with your own snot coming back at you
or is it my imagination ?

It's your imagination, Mr. Snot.

"HK" wrote in message

If memory serves, the tongue weight on my old 25' Parker was about 600+
pounds. I haven't checked the tongue weight on the new Parker yet, but I
can't lift the tongue by hand.

You're Parker, on a dual axle trailer, should have a tongue weight closer to
200lbs. You probably couldnt move that though either.

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:05:13 GMT, "LoogyPicker"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

If memory serves, the tongue weight on my old 25' Parker was about 600+
pounds. I haven't checked the tongue weight on the new Parker yet, but I
can't lift the tongue by hand.

You're Parker, on a dual axle trailer, should have a tongue weight closer to
200lbs. You probably couldnt move that though either.

That Parker should probably have a tongue weight in the 500lb range. My
Proline, 21'er, with a tandem axle trailer had about 420lbs, which was
about 8% of the total load. The trailer manual will specify what percent of
the total load should be used for tongue weight.
--
John H

wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

If memory serves, the tongue weight on my old 25' Parker was about 600+
pounds. I haven't checked the tongue weight on the new Parker yet, but I
can't lift the tongue by hand.

You're Parker, on a dual axle trailer, should have a tongue weight closer
200lbs. You probably couldnt move that though either.

That Parker should probably have a tongue weight in the 500lb range. My
Proline, 21'er, with a tandem axle trailer had about 420lbs, which was
about 8% of the total load. The trailer manual will specify what percent
of
the total load should be used for tongue weight.
--
John H

Dual axle boat trailers normally need no more than 3% tongue weight.

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:21:44 GMT, "LoogyPicker"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

If memory serves, the tongue weight on my old 25' Parker was about 600+
pounds. I haven't checked the tongue weight on the new Parker yet, but I
can't lift the tongue by hand.

You're Parker, on a dual axle trailer, should have a tongue weight closer
200lbs. You probably couldnt move that though either.

That Parker should probably have a tongue weight in the 500lb range. My
Proline, 21'er, with a tandem axle trailer had about 420lbs, which was
about 8% of the total load. The trailer manual will specify what percent
of
the total load should be used for tongue weight.
--
John H

Dual axle boat trailers normally need no more than 3% tongue weight.

I've seen recommendations for 9% to 15%. The important thing is to check
the trailer owner's manual.
--
John H

wrote:

Dual axle boat trailers normally need no more than 3% tongue weight.

That has *not* been my experience, at least not for interstate highway
speeds. After a lot of tuning I ended up with around 7or 8% before I
felt comfortable with my old boat/trailer combo. Proper tire
inflation on both truck and trailer is important also.

Anybody here remember... Short Wave Sportfishing General 5 December 1st 07 04:58 AM
Remember Them! Thom Stewart ASA 13 May 28th 07 05:56 PM
Guys, remember spontoon boy. Remember Burnt Njall. Oci-One Kanubi General 11 April 1st 07 01:15 AM
OT Do you remember? Wilbur Hubbard ASA 0 March 28th 07 11:12 PM
Let's Remember! Thom Stewart ASA 9 November 7th 06 02:47 AM