HK HK is offline

Default World's Funniest Outboard Motor Commercial

I actually sat through Evinrude's 30-minute "informerical" on ETEC
outboards, and I have to say, I haven't seen anything funnier from a
boating manufacturer since...well, since never.

Thirty minutes of absolute b.s. I loved the comparison of the 90 hp ETEC
with the 90 hp Yamaha and 90 hp Mercury. The ETEC has about 20% less
displacement than the Yamaha and one less cylinder and guess what - why
- it weighs less! Not much less, but less. Simply amazing! Weighs less
than the Merc, too...but the Merc displaces 500 more CC's the the
Evinrude. Isn't that amazing...*more* engine weighs more.

Second funniest bit - the Evinrude-sponsored professional fishermen, the
ones getting the free boats and motors every year - telling us that
their ETEC's get "40 to 50% better fuel mileage" than last year's same
horsepower unit from...well, it doesn't really matter. Fifty per cent
better fuel mileage! Must be the new flux capacitor.

And then there's the "winter storage" b.s. Why, with an ETEC, you can do
it yourself. Yes you can. And with a Yamaha, why, you can do it
yourself. Yes you can.

The waterski demo? Did anyone else notice, once the guys finally figured
out how to do it, how far away the tow boat was from the skiers? Looked
like the length of a football field at least...the boat was totally on
plane with its triple outboatds...and running at close to full speed
before it yanked the skiers off a platform. Boy, was I impressed, or what.

The only thing missing...lifting the hood of a competing Merc and
discovering SADDAM's missing WMD's.

Well, I'll be looking real hard for some actually running ETECs this
summer. Might see one if I get real lucky.

snicker

On Feb 15, 3:11*pm, HK wrote:
[...]

Well, of course Etecs are inferior in every way to Yammys because you
have a Yamaha. Because you own one they are the best on the planet,
and anything else is junk. Just ask you.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:11:21 -0500, HK wrote:

[...]

Harry, he said he's through with you.

Good troll though.
--
John H

Old Motor versus New Motor (outboard) Gil Boat Building 4 November 3rd 07 07:52 AM
Old Motor versus New Motor (outboard) Gil Cruising 0 November 2nd 07 04:15 PM
outboard motor loco General 0 September 7th 05 07:47 PM
Outboard motor Tony Roberts General 0 April 8th 04 11:08 PM
Free Global Crew Database - commercial or non-commercial Andy Baskett ASA 0 July 2nd 03 11:06 PM