Default Mega water

We had a few inches of snow again last night, then heavy rain all day today
with warming temperatures. With the ground still frozen, everything is
flooding. I just took a quick ride around town and couldn't believe the
number of washed out roads, cranberry bogs that are flooding across the
streets and yards turned into lakes.

Good thing I have the little 13' Boston Whaler stored in the house garage.
We may need it in the morning.

Eisboch

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:39:10 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

We had a few inches of snow again last night, then heavy rain all day today
with warming temperatures. With the ground still frozen, everything is
flooding. I just took a quick ride around town and couldn't believe the
number of washed out roads, cranberry bogs that are flooding across the
streets and yards turned into lakes.

We had snow before the rain - lots of water.

They shut down the Rt 44 bridge in Putnam because it was vibrating
from all the water moving through.

Last time that happened, they had the Great Flood of 1955.

The stream that feeds my pond passed it's banks around 4 PM and I had
to open the dam at the far end of the pond to release water - going
out to take a look in another half hour or so.
Senior Member

On Feb 13, 7:34*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:39:10 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:
We had a few inches of snow again last night, then heavy rain all day today
with warming temperatures. *With the ground still frozen, everything is
flooding. *I just took a quick ride around town and couldn't believe the
number of washed out roads, cranberry bogs that are flooding across the
streets and yards turned into lakes.

We had snow before the rain - lots of water.

They shut down the Rt 44 bridge in Putnam because it was vibrating
from all the water moving through.

Last time that happened, they had the Great Flood of 1955.

The stream that feeds my pond passed it's banks around 4 PM and I had
to open the dam at the far end of the pond to release water - going
out to take a look in another half hour or so.

Flood 55. My mom and dad were on the second floor on the north side of
main st Winstead CT, the south side of the street washed down the
Farmington (Mad) River. The had a chair for years they had reached out
the second window and grabbed floating by. Interesting stories of how
they could tell which store had gotten washed away as the stuff
floated by.....
HK HK is offline

wrote:
[...]

Well, then...if you are ever in KC, MO, you have to stop at Winstead's...

http://www.winsteadskc.com/history.php

Right near the Country Club Plaza location is a paved riverbed, built
with high-grade Pendergast Machine concrete.

Great burgers. I used to live within walking distance of a 'Steads...

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:34:37 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:39:10 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

We had a few inches of snow again last night, then heavy rain all day today
with warming temperatures. With the ground still frozen, everything is
flooding. I just took a quick ride around town and couldn't believe the
number of washed out roads, cranberry bogs that are flooding across the
streets and yards turned into lakes.

We had snow before the rain - lots of water.

They shut down the Rt 44 bridge in Putnam because it was vibrating
from all the water moving through.

Last time that happened, they had the Great Flood of 1955.

The stream that feeds my pond passed it's banks around 4 PM and I had
to open the dam at the far end of the pond to release water - going
out to take a look in another half hour or so.

Going to leave the gates open for another couple of hours in case you
were wondering.

Lot of water moving through.