BoatBanter.com

-   -   speaking of Lunacy.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/90757-speaking-lunacy.html)

Tim February 10th 08 01:00 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

Don White February 10th 08 02:36 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Tim" wrote in message
KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

I think if we actually saw first hand the conditions the chickens are raised
in, we'd have a hard time eating KFC or any chicken.
What we need is more 'free range' chickens, not ones piled tier after tier
in small cages to **** down on the ones beneath.

John H.[_3_] February 10th 08 02:55 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

Bull****.

**** washes off...most people.
--
John H

Tim February 10th 08 03:37 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 9, 8:36*pm, "Don White" wrote:

What we need is more 'free range' chickens, not ones piled tier after tier
in small cages to **** down on the ones beneath.

Don, I'm sure every Coyote, Cat, and Ferret in the country would agree
with you whole heartedly!

Tim February 10th 08 03:39 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Tim" wrote in message

I think if we actually saw first hand the conditions the chickens are raised
in, we'd have a hard time eating KFC or any chicken.

But they look a whole lot tastier in the pan than in the cages...

Tim February 10th 08 04:00 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

LOL!

I like the comments at the bottom of that news page:

"It's a problem inherent to the system we live in, not KFC's fault.
They are simply trying to operate successfuly within the system that
created them in the first place.

Your best chance at acting ethically in this regard is simply not to
patronize those businesses and either raise your own food or buy
locally from someone you know raises organic, well-fed, air-
conditioned, plush-lined-cooped chickens with internet access and
direct TV. "

Jaye Feb 06 2008 21:39:35
"I for one, will never forget the time a local animal rights activist
went around to the grocery stores, bought all the live lobsters, and
clams, and took them to a local park, chopped a hole in the ice...and
released the lobsters into the duck pond.

Apparently she didn't have brain one in her melon, and didn't know
they were salt-water creatures. "

John H.[_3_] February 10th 08 01:41 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:30:38 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:36:20 -0400, Don White penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

What we need is more 'free range' chickens, not ones piled tier after tier
in small cages to **** down on the ones beneath.

I would agree. Flavor in the chicken and the egg suffers when chickens
are "farmed." Give me free range food any day..... uh.... except when
the cows have been in the onions..... yuck....

I've eaten plenty of home grown chickens and plenty of Perdue cage grown
chickens. There's not a lick (get it... lick?) of difference. Once the
feathers are off, they all look the same...ugly.
--
John H

JoeSpareBedroom February 10th 08 02:39 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Tim" wrote in message
KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

The protesters are correct. KFC somehow manages to take perfectly good
chicken breasts and cook them until they're as dry as cardboard, except for
the delicious greasy coating. That's cruel.

John H.[_3_] February 10th 08 03:15 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:41:58 -0500, John H. penned the following well

wrote:

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:36:20 -0400, Don White penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

What we need is more 'free range' chickens, not ones piled tier after tier
in small cages to **** down on the ones beneath.

I would agree. Flavor in the chicken and the egg suffers when chickens
are "farmed." Give me free range food any day..... uh.... except when
the cows have been in the onions..... yuck....

I've eaten plenty of home grown chickens and plenty of Perdue cage grown
chickens. There's not a lick (get it... lick?) of difference. Once the
feathers are off, they all look the same...ugly.

You don't like the yellow?

If they're yellow, they've been dead too long. Don't buy 'em.
--
John H

Don White February 10th 08 03:16 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

wrote:

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:36:20 -0400, Don White penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

What we need is more 'free range' chickens, not ones piled tier after
tier
in small cages to **** down on the ones beneath.

I would agree. Flavor in the chicken and the egg suffers when chickens
are "farmed." Give me free range food any day..... uh.... except when
the cows have been in the onions..... yuck....

I've eaten plenty of home grown chickens and plenty of Perdue cage grown
chickens. There's not a lick (get it... lick?) of difference. Once the
feathers are off, they all look the same...ugly.
--
John H

You've so accustomed to spouting **** here, I think you've grown fond of the
taste & texture.

John H.[_3_] February 10th 08 03:19 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:39:22 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

The protesters are correct. KFC somehow manages to take perfectly good
chicken breasts and cook them until they're as dry as cardboard, except for
the delicious greasy coating. That's cruel.

As a matter of fact, it's not dry at all unless it was improperly prepared
at your local KFC. KFC chicken is pressure fried after being doused in the
breading mixture.

That's not to say it's great chicken, but if you got a dry piece, you
should have returned it and told the manager to jack up the cook.

Don't ask how I know the KFC secrets.
--
John H

JoeSpareBedroom February 10th 08 03:27 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:39:22 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom penned the following

"Tim" wrote in message
KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

The protesters are correct. KFC somehow manages to take perfectly good
chicken breasts and cook them until they're as dry as cardboard, except
for
the delicious greasy coating. That's cruel.

I don't know if it can be accomplished with any greater finesse. White
meat from fowl usually is somewhere between sawdust and shoe leather.

There's a way to cook bone-in chicken breasts so they're not dry, but it
involves finesse, good timing, and you can't do it by bathing them in the
same amount of heat from all directions, like they are when pressure cooked.

[email protected] February 10th 08 03:36 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Tim" wrote in message
KFC Fried chicken protests...again?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/253898/17/

now I'm getting hungry....

Nah, we'll go there tomorrow for lunch!

The protesters are correct. KFC somehow manages to take perfectly good
chicken breasts and cook them until they're as dry as cardboard, except for
the delicious greasy coating. That's cruel.

I don't know if it can be accomplished with any greater finesse. White
meat from fowl usually is somewhere between sawdust and shoe leather.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080209-0, 02/09/2008
Tested on: 2/10/2008 10:22:47 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com- Hide quoted text -

What's the big deal? Mrs JW cooks white meat juicy and tender
everytime, and I am usually a dark meat eater. Take boneless breast,
egg, breadcrumbs in a smaller glass pan greased. You want to pack the
meat in somewhat tight, touching and the breasts not opended up all
the way or spread out, smooth side down. 425 for 22-24 minutes..
always comes out juicy and nice even for me and the kids. I don't see
what the big deal is and why some posers (not posters) are saying it
is so complicated... Geeze..

JoeSpareBedroom February 10th 08 03:40 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

======================

We're talking about KFC, which serves bone-in chicken breasts. Cooking
bone-in breasts is a whole different story.

[email protected] February 10th 08 03:42 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 10, 10:40*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 10, 10:22 am, Gene Kearns

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

bone-in breasts is a whole different story.- Hide quoted text -

Different story, just as easy.. slow and low. start from there..

HK February 10th 08 04:05 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 07:36:21 -0800 (PST),
penned the following well considered
thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

What's the big deal? Mrs JW cooks white meat juicy and tender
everytime, and I am usually a dark meat eater. Take boneless breast,
egg, breadcrumbs in a smaller glass pan greased. You want to pack the
meat in somewhat tight, touching and the breasts not opended up all
the way or spread out, smooth side down. 425 for 22-24 minutes..
always comes out juicy and nice even for me and the kids. I don't see
what the big deal is and why some posers (not posters) are saying it
is so complicated... Geeze..

We're talking apples and oranges.

Think (1) bone-in and (2) fried chicken (not baked).

And for the KFC angle, pressure cooked deep fat.....

Astonishing how KFC can take a relatively "healthy" food like chicken
and turn it into high calorie, high cholesterol crap.

JoeSpareBedroom February 10th 08 04:12 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"HK" wrote in message
Gene Kearns wrote:
[...]

The outrageous salt content of their product is what bugs me the most. But,
if you could eliminate that one factor, I don't think their fried chicken
would be so much worse than what you'd get at any other restaurant where
they know how to do it right.

HK February 10th 08 04:18 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Gene Kearns wrote:
[...]

Well, I like fried chicken - real fried chicken - which, of course KFC
does not serve, but I also like baked chicken. In fact, I like baked
better.

Jim February 10th 08 04:56 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"HK" wrote in message
Gene Kearns wrote:
[...]

Sure is. Do you have a good chicken recipe?

Jim February 10th 08 04:59 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Gene Kearns wrote:
[...]

Keep them facts coming. We need to know all about you. What is your shoe
size?

[email protected] February 10th 08 05:05 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 10, 11:56*am, "Jim" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Gene Kearns wrote:
[...]

Sure is. Do you have a good chicken recipe?- Hide quoted text -

If you are going to do a whole bird. Mix up Balsamic vinegar and honey
to a good thick juice. Inject your bird with one of those big
syringes, and then rub the bird with the remaining mixture. Using a
baking bag fill the bottom of the bag with scorched onions then layers
of potato slices, greenbeans, carrots, and any other veggie you like.
place the bird over the vegies, close the bag, and cook to proper
temp, using box directions for a hint on baking time..

Eisboch February 10th 08 05:21 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

wrote in message

I agree with Joe that the salt content at most restaurants is
ridiculous. It is just a cheap and lazy way to add flavor.
As for chicken, rotissarie is probably the best. I have a back burner
on the grill and we set one spinning before we go out for our evening
boat ride. I also put a couple of potatoes on a rack I made near the
top of the grill. When we get home it is done.

I stopped using salt a couple of years ago. I use "No Salt" which I
actually prefer the taste of.
"No Salt" is Potassium Chloride, one of the three chemicals used in lethal
injection executions.

Eisboch

Tim February 10th 08 05:38 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

Eisboch wrote:

I stopped using salt a couple of years ago. I use "No Salt" which I
actually prefer the taste of.
"No Salt" is Potassium Chloride, one of the three chemicals used in lethal
injection executions.

Eisboch

It's cheap and plentyful too!

Jsut get a bucket and scoop some out of the State trucks before they
start spreading to de-ice the roads...

We go the Sea Salt route. A friend of ours in Hawaii process's sea
salt himself and mails us some when we're out.

Eisboch February 10th 08 05:43 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Tim" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

I stopped using salt a couple of years ago. I use "No Salt" which I
actually prefer the taste of.
"No Salt" is Potassium Chloride, one of the three chemicals used in
lethal
injection executions.

Eisboch

It's cheap and plentyful too!

Jsut get a bucket and scoop some out of the State trucks before they
start spreading to de-ice the roads...

We go the Sea Salt route. A friend of ours in Hawaii process's sea
salt himself and mails us some when we're out.

Sea Salt is good. But, it's still salt, less concentrated, but still salt.

Eisboch

[email protected] February 10th 08 05:49 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 10, 10:36*am, wrote:
On Feb 10, 10:22*am, Gene Kearns

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

is so complicated... Geeze..- Hide quoted text -

I can grill a nice bone in breast, too, it takes careful timing, but
can be done.

[email protected] February 10th 08 05:51 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 10, 11:50*am, wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:18:31 -0500, HK wrote:
The outrageous salt content of their product is what bugs me the most. But,
if you could eliminate that one factor, I don't think their fried chicken
would be so much worse than what you'd get at any other restaurant where
they know how to do it right.

Well, I like fried chicken - real fried chicken - which, of course KFC
does not serve, but I also like baked chicken. In fact, I like baked
better.

I agree with Joe that the salt content at most restaurants is
ridiculous. It is just a cheap and lazy way to add flavor.
As for chicken, rotissarie is probably the best. I have a back burner
on the grill and we set one spinning before we go out for our evening
boat ride. I also put a couple of potatoes on a rack I made near the
top of the grill. When we get home it is done.

Yep, I love my grill rotissarie for chicken. Kind of bastes itself.
You can do a mean pork loin in it too.

Tim February 10th 08 06:10 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 10, 11:43*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

I stopped using salt a couple of years ago. * I use "No Salt" which I
actually prefer the taste of.
"No Salt" is Potassium Chloride, one of the three chemicals used in
lethal
injection executions.

Eisboch

It's cheap and plentyful too!

Jsut get a bucket and scoop some out of the State trucks before they
start spreading to de-ice the roads...

We go the Sea Salt route. A friend of ours in Hawaii *process's sea
salt himself and mails us some when we're out.

Sea Salt is good. *But, it's still salt, less concentrated, but still salt.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

True, but has other good minerals in it as well.

Calif Bill February 10th 08 06:21 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:36:20 -0400, Don White penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

What we need is more 'free range' chickens, not ones piled tier after tier
in small cages to **** down on the ones beneath.

I would agree. Flavor in the chicken and the egg suffers when chickens
are "farmed." Give me free range food any day..... uh.... except when
the cows have been in the onions..... yuck....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080209-0, 02/09/2008
Tested on: 2/10/2008 8:30:38 AM

Depends what the free range chickens are eating. Free Range eggs in Asia
taste wrong. But being raised on eggs fed corn and alfalfa pellets, I am
used to that. I do not notice any difference between the eggs I eat as a
kid and now, but may be just a matter of a lot of years. I do know you
would not be able to buy $1.50 a dozen eggs if they were all free range. My
grandparents were egg ranchers in Turlock, Ca. In those days of the 40's
and 50's all chickens were free range. Took a lot of time to collect all
the eggs from the nesting boxes each day.

Calif Bill February 10th 08 06:24 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

[...]

Tested on: 2/10/2008 10:55:45 AM

KFC actually has one of the better tasting sandwiches out there. The Honey
Baked chicken breast sandwich. They are moist, and a lot healthier than the
coated and fried parts.

Calif Bill February 10th 08 06:30 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

I stopped using salt a couple of years ago. I use "No Salt" which I
actually prefer the taste of.
"No Salt" is Potassium Chloride, one of the three chemicals used in
lethal
injection executions.

Eisboch

It's cheap and plentyful too!

Jsut get a bucket and scoop some out of the State trucks before they
start spreading to de-ice the roads...

We go the Sea Salt route. A friend of ours in Hawaii process's sea
salt himself and mails us some when we're out.

Sea Salt is good. But, it's still salt, less concentrated, but still
salt.

Eisboch

I do not know if it less concentrated. Just a few different minerals tossed
in the mix. I think most salt is really sea salt. Is cheap to process. In
Baja, they make an acre inch of salt in 3 months. When we had all the salt
processors in San Francisco Bay took two years. We gave up adding salt to
almost all our cooking in the 1970's. Wife was pregnant and there was a
drought and where the water company drew the water from the Sac Delta, the
salt water had intruded to give some chloride levels in the water. So we
mostly stopped adding salt. Only thing I salt now is tomatoes and hard
boiled eggs. Free range or cage raised. eggs or tomatoes.

JoeSpareBedroom February 10th 08 06:41 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Tim" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

I stopped using salt a couple of years ago. I use "No Salt" which I
actually prefer the taste of.
"No Salt" is Potassium Chloride, one of the three chemicals used in
lethal
injection executions.

Eisboch

It's cheap and plentyful too!

Jsut get a bucket and scoop some out of the State trucks before they
start spreading to de-ice the roads...

We go the Sea Salt route. A friend of ours in Hawaii process's sea
salt himself and mails us some when we're out.

Sea Salt is good. But, it's still salt, less concentrated, but still salt.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

True, but has other good minerals in it as well.
=======================

.....as well as the same crap that contaminates the fish we're not supposed
to eat too much of.

A couple of years ago, NPR ran a story about serious pollution problems
along some of Italy's coastline. Same day, I went shopping and spotted a
container of sea salt whose label said "From the crystal clear waters of the
Mediterranean. Product of Italy."

Yep.

[email protected] February 10th 08 07:22 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 10, 1:30*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

I stopped using salt a couple of years ago. * I use "No Salt" which I
actually prefer the taste of.
"No Salt" is Potassium Chloride, one of the three chemicals used in
lethal
injection executions.

Eisboch

It's cheap and plentyful too!

Jsut get a bucket and scoop some out of the State trucks before they
start spreading to de-ice the roads...

We go the Sea Salt route. A friend of ours in Hawaii *process's sea
salt himself and mails us some when we're out.

Sea Salt is good. *But, it's still salt, less concentrated, but still
salt.

Eisboch

I do not know if it less concentrated. *Just a few different minerals tossed
in the mix. *I think most salt is really sea salt. *

Uh, Bill, if there are "a few different minerals tossed in the mix",
the salt would indeed be less concentrated. And most salt certainly
isn't sea salt. It's mined.

John H.[_3_] February 10th 08 07:52 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:40:23 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

If it's dry, take it back and get another piece. Don't let them give you a
piece that's been sitting under the floodlights for a couple hours.

If it's fresh cooked, it should be moist.

You're getting this info from an expert.
--
John H

John H.[_3_] February 10th 08 07:54 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:50:55 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:18:31 -0500, HK wrote:

The outrageous salt content of their product is what bugs me the most. But,
if you could eliminate that one factor, I don't think their fried chicken
would be so much worse than what you'd get at any other restaurant where
they know how to do it right.

Well, I like fried chicken - real fried chicken - which, of course KFC
does not serve, but I also like baked chicken. In fact, I like baked
better.

I agree with Joe that the salt content at most restaurants is
ridiculous. It is just a cheap and lazy way to add flavor.
As for chicken, rotissarie is probably the best. I have a back burner
on the grill and we set one spinning before we go out for our evening
boat ride. I also put a couple of potatoes on a rack I made near the
top of the grill. When we get home it is done.

If you compare the 'high value' Safeway packed chicken to Perdue, you'll
see the Safeway chicken has a sodium content about five times that of the
Perdue.
--
John H

Calif Bill February 10th 08 09:02 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

[...]

Do not know if more is mined than evaporated. But if you think about it,
all salt is sea salt. But even when mined, it is still disolved and then
dried again in most cases. Very interesting tour was the salt mines near
Saltzburg, Austria just over the border in Germany.

Calif Bill February 11th 08 11:27 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

wrote in message
On Feb 10, 4:02 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 10, 1:30 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

m...

"Tim" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

[...]

Saltzburg, Austria just over the border in Germany.- Hide quoted text -

No it's not. I can take you to hundreds of salt mines in the U.S. that
are all mined with conveying equipment not disolved with water. An
interesting side point is that the equipment in the mines is not
rusted, and won't rust unless it's brought out in the environment.

But major underground mines now use a dissolving process. At least the ones
in Europe do. Much cheaper and safer than mining underground.

[email protected] February 12th 08 01:41 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

wrote in message

On Feb 10, 1:30 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

m...

"Tim" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

[...]

in Europe do. *Much cheaper and safer than mining underground.- Hide quoted text -

Major mines do? I can take you to western NY where there are miles
after miles after miles of mines that even go under the Finger Lakes,
NONE use any type of dissolving process. Now, there are some small
domes that they dissolve, but that isn't to claim the salt, it's to
get the salt out of the way so they can use the ensuing cavern for
natural gas storage.
Brine Wells are an old method that isn't used much anymore in the
U.S., although there are wet mines, where there are trapped pockets of
salt already in solution with water that they pump out.

Tim February 14th 08 01:48 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 10, 1:54*pm, John H. wrote:
[...]

John H- Hide quoted text -

Seeing we're on the subject of chickens....

Why did the chicken cross the road?

DR. PHIL:
The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he
must first deal with the problem on 'THIS' side of the road before it
goes after the problem on the 'OTHER SIDE' of the road. What we need
to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his
'CURRENT' problems before adding 'NEW' problems.

OPRAH:
Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why
he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken
learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm
going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the
road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

GEORGE W. BUSH:
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to
know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is
either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.

COLIN POWELL:
Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image
of the chicken crossing the road...

ANDERSON COOPER - CNN:
We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been
allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

JOHN KERRY:
Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against
it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the
chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against
it.

NANCY GRACE:
That chicken crossed the road because he's GUILTY! You can see it in
his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN:
To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

MARTHA STEWART:
No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a
standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price
dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider
information.

DR SEUSS:
Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the
chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY:
To die in the rain. Alone.

JERRY FALWELL:
Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth?'
That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that
chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too.
I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that
the liberal media white washes with seemingly harmless phrases like
'the other side. That chicken should not be crossing the road. It's as
plain and as simple as that.

GRANDPA:
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody
told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS:
Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the
chicken tell, for the first time, the heart warming story of how it
experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its
life long dream of crossing the road.

JOHN LENNON:
Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in
peace.

ARISTOTLE:
It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

BILL GATES:
I have just released eChicken2007, which will not only cross roads,
but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your
check book. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken. This
new platform is much more stable and will never cra...#@&&^(C
% ........ reboot.

ALBERT EINSTEIN:
Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath
the chicken?

BILL CLINTON:
I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What is your definition of
chicken?

AL GO
I invented the chicken!

COLONEL SANDERS:
Did I miss one?

DICK CHENEY :
Where's my gun?

AL SHARPTON:
Why are all the chickens white? We need some black chickens.

John H.[_3_] February 14th 08 02:00 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

We were on the subject of chickens three days ago. But, I can see how it
may have taken you three days to come up with that.

You forgot Harry: My chickens just flew around the earth to get to the
other side!