BoatBanter.com

-   -   speaking of Lunacy.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/90757-speaking-lunacy.html)

Tim February 14th 08 02:16 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Feb 13, 8:00*pm, John H. wrote:
We were on the subject of chickens three days ago. But, I can see how it
may have taken you three days to come up with that.

LOL! No, my son just now sent me that e-mail...

You forgot Harry: My chickens just flew around the earth to get to the
other side!

No, I didn't forget Harry's chicken's, John.

They're still in orbit.

HK February 14th 08 02:23 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

Tim wrote:
On Feb 13, 8:00 pm, John H. wrote:
We were on the subject of chickens three days ago. But, I can see how it
may have taken you three days to come up with that.

LOL! No, my son just now sent me that e-mail...

You forgot Harry: My chickens just flew around the earth to get to the
other side!

No, I didn't forget Harry's chicken's, John.

They're still in orbit.

Herring is still "Harry obsessed"? Poor useless old Herring.

Mike[_6_] February 14th 08 06:14 AM

speaking of Lunacy....

.If you compare the 'high value' Safeway packed chicken to Perdue,

Perdue!! I haven't heard that name since before I moved to the left coast.
"It takes a tough man, to make a tender chicken." He's gotta be dead by now,
right?

--Mike

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:50:55 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:18:31 -0500, HK wrote:

The outrageous salt content of their product is what bugs me the most.
But,
if you could eliminate that one factor, I don't think their fried
chicken
would be so much worse than what you'd get at any other restaurant
where
they know how to do it right.

Well, I like fried chicken - real fried chicken - which, of course KFC
does not serve, but I also like baked chicken. In fact, I like baked
better.

I agree with Joe that the salt content at most restaurants is
ridiculous. It is just a cheap and lazy way to add flavor.
As for chicken, rotissarie is probably the best. I have a back burner
on the grill and we set one spinning before we go out for our evening
boat ride. I also put a couple of potatoes on a rack I made near the
top of the grill. When we get home it is done.

If you compare the 'high value' Safeway packed chicken to Perdue, you'll
see the Safeway chicken has a sodium content about five times that of the
Perdue.
--
John H

John H.[_3_] February 14th 08 12:20 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:14:29 -0800, "Mike" wrote:

.If you compare the 'high value' Safeway packed chicken to Perdue,

Perdue!! I haven't heard that name since before I moved to the left coast.
"It takes a tough man, to make a tender chicken." He's gotta be dead by now,
right?

--Mike

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Don't know if he's dead or not. The Perdue brand chicken is still sold in
Safeway, with about a fifth of the sodium found in the Safeway brand
chicken.
--
John H

Eisboch February 14th 08 12:42 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

"John H." wrote in message

Don't know if he's dead or not. The Perdue brand chicken is still sold in
Safeway, with about a fifth of the sodium found in the Safeway brand
chicken.
--
John H

Frank Perdue died in 2005 at the age of 84.

Eisboch

[email protected] February 14th 08 12:43 PM

speaking of Lunacy....

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:14:29 -0800, Mike wrote:

.If you compare the 'high value' Safeway packed chicken to Perdue,

Perdue!! I haven't heard that name since before I moved to the left
coast. "It takes a tough man, to make a tender chicken." He's gotta be
dead by now, right?

--Mike

He died a couple of years back. His "twin", Ed Koch is still alive
though.